Chapter Four.

As I entered my house, the smell of beer filled my nostrils.

I gaged as I scurried into my room. I desperately hoped that Andrew wouldn't notice me.

I was just about to open the door as I heard a voice. My heart sank.

''Please don't be him.'' I pleaded desperately to myself.

As I turned around, silence filled the room.

 I quietly stepped away from my room and made my way to the living room.

 I froze as I noticed the TV on.

Andrew always makes himself comfortable in my chair.

It wasn't necessarily my chair, it was my dad's chair. I never let anybody sit in that chair. Not even Mum is aloud to sit on the chair.

 When we moved here, I brought the chair to remind me that my dad is always looking over me.

But with Andrew's nasty bum on my dad's chair is not helping the reminder at all. 

Hoping that Andrew wouldn't notice my presence, I quickly went into my room. I gasped as I felt something grab me.

''Ariana!'' said the voice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart was racing. ''Ariana, what's wrong Hun?'' I quickly noticed the soft and gentle voice. ''Mom?'' I hugged her. ''Sorry. I just got a little scared.'' ''Of what? Andrew?'' I gasped. How did she know?

''....He went to jail.'' Mum explained.

''While he was drunk, he.. hit me.''

She rolled up her sleeve and I immediately noticed the black and blue near her elbow.

 When she rolled her sleeve down, she looked directly at my eyes.

''Has he ever done any of these things to you?'' I gulped. ''Y-Yes..''

I managed to choke out. Mom hugged me and started to cry.

''Why haven't you told me anything?'' I started to cry as well.

''B-Because,'' I finally said.

''He said that if I told anybody, I would pay a price for it.''

''How long has this been going on?'' She managed to say.

 ''It's been going on for 3 years now. It happened every time you were at work and when I came out from school.''

She hugged me tighter. ''Oh baby,'' She said as more tears came rolling down her cheeks.

''Everything is alright now. We're safe.''

Wrong.