•Chapter 2•

[Jai]

"Well Adam talk to me," I said grabbing my coffee and sitting down.

"Well this is an idea that's been brought up for a speaker to talk to the kids and I thought who better than the only daughter of Billie Joe Armstrong who also went to the School of Rock!"

"I would to talk to the kids! I would even work with them for a week or something if you want! I would love to do everything I can for them," I smiled drinking my coffee.

"Would you really?! That would be great. Are you free from the 1st through the 7th?"

"I'm not sure but if I am I can clear that," I smiled realizing that means I would have to go to Texas in two days.

[Dalton]

I love my job. The kids remind me so much of when I was a kid. I pulled into the parking lot of the School of Rock and hoped my way inside. My boss Adam called to have a staff meeting this morning which either means he is proud of himself or he messed something on the schedules up.

"Good morning everyone," Adam said getting out a laser pointer which made no sense side he didn't have slides, "I wanted us to go over the schedule because on Friday we will be having a guest speaker at the end of the day."

"Who's the speaker," I whispered over to my friend Dave.

"I don't know but Adam seems really proud of himself for it," we laughed.

-----

After work I just wanted to go home and practice some music. I've been practicing the same song for months. I plan on auditioning for American Idol when they come to Little Rock so I've been working my ass off to make sure it goes perfect.

"Dalton," my mom called.

"Yeah?"

"Could you drive Sophie to her friends house?"

"Sure let me get my keys."

I grabbed my keys and ran downstairs. Sophie is already waiting impatiently for me. She gets mad when I start running late. We both get in the car as she tells me where we are going.

"How is the American idol audition going?"

"I think it's gonna be great."

"You gonna meet some girls and finally get a girlfriend," she teased.

"Shut up," I laughed.

-----

Friday morning rolled around really fast as did my eyes when my alarm clock went off. After spending the whole night practicing my song for American Idol I could barely keep my eyes open right now. I threw on a pair of black jeans, a black tee shirt, a flannel, and a pair of converses. I grabbed an apple and made my way out the door. I blasted Green Day on my way to work still half awake.

I pulled into the parking lot taking a bite of my apple while walking in. I opened the doors and walked in and saw Adam talking to a brunette by the check in.

"Oh Dalton this is Jai our guest speaker," Adam said as she turned around.

Breath taken. She turned around and immediately I dropped my apple as her soft green eyes flashed my way. She is so beautiful and I am looking like an idiot with my mouth hung open.

"Hi," I stuttered finally pushing the words out.

"Hi," Jai giggled at me making a smirk creep on my face.

"Dalton would you mind showing her around and being her mentor for the day," Adam asked handing me my clipboard that is covered in stickers.

"Yeah! For sure! I'll totally do that," I said trying to hide my excitement.

"Thanks man," Adam said picking up two guitars and bringing them to one of the music rooms.

"Uhh shall I give you the tour," I said in my awkward ways.

"Yeah I'd love that," she smiled at me.

-------------------------------------------------------
-Author's Note-

If you wanna see the school of Rock I based the setting of this story of this story on google School Of Rock Dallas. I hope you like the story! Thanks for reading!