•Chapter 14•

[Jai]

While driving to the airport I made Dalton sing to me so he could still be practicing for his audition. As we held hands driving I felt a pit in my stomach as we got closer and closer to the airport. I didn't want him to leave. We finally pull in and I park in the parking lot.

"Will you walk me in," Dalton says breaking the sad silence, "you know just to help me with my stuff."

"Sure," I said swallowing the knot in my throat.

We walk to the back and get out his backpack and suitcase. He grabs my hand and smiles at me as we walk into the airport. We walk to a pillar and I hand him his bag.

"So," I say taking a deep breath.

"I'm really really gonna miss you," Dalton says leaning back and holding both my hands.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I laugh, "like a lot."

"You're gonna have to visit me."

"You couldn't keep me away," I smirk.

"Good because the closer you are the better," he smiles at the floor.

I smile, grab his chin, and kiss him without a thought. He wraps his arms around my waist as I put my arms around his neck. I smile through the kiss and feel him do the same.

"This is crazy," I said pulling away and putting my hands on my temples.

"What is?"

"How fast I'm falling for you."

He just smiles and kisses me once again. We listen as we hear the sound of the announcement for the time. We both take a deep breath.

"I gotta go," he sighed.

"You probably should," I said taking a couple steps back.

He picks his stuff up and walks to the security check out. I walk toward the exit but turn around.

"Hey Dalton," I called as he turns to look at me, "you're gonna kill that audition."

He smiles as I walk out the exit. I hold my breath trying not to cry. I get into my car and let a couple tears fall. I don't know why I'm so emotional about him. I've known this boy for 3 and half months. Either way there was no denying Dalton Louis Rapattoni has stolen my heart.

[Dalton]

What felt like hours later I finally arrived back in Texas. It's weird that I've only been away from Jai for a couple hours and I miss her already. I'm excited to see my family again but I have really gotten attached to Jai. I walk into the lobby and see my mom, my dad, and Sophie waiting for me.

"Dalton," Sophie says giving me a hug.

"Hey kiddo!"

"Welcome home D," my dad says giving me a pat on the back while my mom kisses my cheek.

Once we drove home my family facetimed my older sister Rebecca while we ate dinner. After dinner my family has me talk about my stay with the Armstrongs although almost all of my stories involved Jai. By 9:00 pm I was facetiming Jai and we didn't get off FaceTime until 11:00.

"Dalton," I heard my dad knock on the door.

"Yeah come in."

"How ya feelin bud?"

"Good. I'm extremely nervous for tomorrow but I'm ready."

"That's good. Seems like spending some time with Jaiden Kid Armstrong was fine," he teased hitting my arm.

"Yeah she is so great," I said throwing my head back.

"So is it safe to say she's your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend but I would like her to be."

"Then why don't you ask her?"

"Because she's all famous and stuff. Plus she's so awesome. She could have anyone."

"Exactly," he said cutting me off, "she could have anyone but she chose you. Seems like you're special to her if you ask me."

"Whatever know it all," I laughed.

"Get some sleep kid we gotta get on the road in the morning."

"Night dad."

"Good night."