•Chapter 4•

[Dalton]

Once Jai was done talking I noticed her talking to all the kids, giving them high fives, and hugs. Once Jai gives Sophie a hug I walked over to her as she stood itching the palm of her hand.

"Hey! You did great up there."

"Thanks!"

"You didn't mention that your dad is one of the greatest Rockstars out there," I smiled as she bite her lip.

"Yeah... It's usually something I keep quiet at first. I'm always afraid that people are just gonna like me because of my dad."

"Well I can tell you that I had no idea that your dad was Billie Joe Armstrong," I said before she cut me off.

"You can call him Billie," she laughed.

"Well I can honestly say I thought you were beautiful from the second I saw you," I said as she blushed and then covered her face trying to hide it, "do you want to go get something to eat?"

"I'd like that," she said smiling.

"Then let's get out of here," I laughed holding the door for her as we made our way out.

[Jai]

Dalton drove to a place not too far from the school. Dalton and I parked the car and walked to this cafe. We got food and walked around for what felt like minutes but it was actually hours.

"So tell me about yourself," Dalton said eating a sandwich he got.

"Well my family is very close. I have an older brother named Joey who is a year older than me and a 17 year old brother named Jake. Your turn," I laughed.

He laughed in his cute way, "I'm very close to my dad and little sister. I have an older sister named Becca and a younger sister named Sophie. I also have a dog named Maxine."

"Now I have a serious question for you," I said staring at him making a stupid face, "pancakes or waffles?"

"Don't make me choose."

"You're a good boy," I laughed.

[Dalton]

Once Jai and I got done with our date I drove her to her hotel and exchanged numbers. I smiled at the contact on my phone of her. I got back in my car and drove home. Once I got home I tried my best to be quiet since everyone was asleep.

I once I got into my room I turned on my laptop laying in my bed with my phone on my table. I changed into pajamas and laid in my bed.

Jai 😜: thanks for taking me out tonight I had a great time :)

Me: no problem. We should do it again some time. When do you go back to Berkeley?

Jai 😜: I get on a plane early Monday morning.

Me: so we have two days?

Jai 😜: Do you think you'll have time?

Me: I diffidently do :)

Jai 😜: How about tomorrow we meet for lunch?

Me: sounds good. I'll see you there.

-----

As I got ready for my date with Jai I felt extremely nervous for some reason. I put on my black jeans, my white tee shirt, my converse, my dog tags and went out the door grabbing my black leather jacket on the way.

I drove up to the front of the restaurant and walked in and sat at a table in the corner and waiting for her to come. I felt butterflies attack my stomach. To avoid my awkwardness I just went on my phone waiting for her to get here even though I was a little early.

I grabbed a coffee and sat back down waiting patiently. Once I liked down at my phone again I heard the bell above the door go off. I looked up slowly to see Jai with the light shining perfectly on her brunette hair. All I could think is she's stunning.