•Chapter 16•

[Jai]

It's been two months since Dalton invited me to stay with him in Hollywood. Him and I still have been facetiming and texting all the time. Everyone says we are obsessed with each other and I think they could be right. Dalton and I never really get off FaceTime even when we probably should.

He practices on FaceTime, we take bathroom breaks (no we don't bring the phone with us in the bathroom), we even will watch tv and YouTube together. I've shown him new things I've written and he is mainly focusing on his auditions which is exactly what he should be doing.

I decided to drive to Hollywood by myself. By the time I got to the hotel address that Dalton gave me it was 1:00 am. I have had at least 6 cans of monster and I look like shit. I look down at my outfit which surprisingly looks the least like shit. I get out of my car and throw away all my monster cans.

I grab my suitcase and walk into the hotel lobby. I go to the front desk and ask about Dalton and I's room. While the manager gets me a room key I see Dalton asleep on one of the lobby couches. I grab my key and walk over quietly trying not to wake him. I go behind the couch where his head is resting and give him a quick kiss. He opens his eyes instantly.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you it's dangerous to fall asleep in public," I say resting my head on the back of the couch as he smiles.

Without saying anything he runs around the couch and attacks me in a hug. He hugs me so tight picking me up and spinning me around in the hug. He just holds me tight in his arms. He gives me a kiss keeping our lips in touch for a minute. We both pull away as we realize we as making out in a hotel lobby at 1:00 am.

"How was your drive," Dalton said as I rested my head on his shoulder while he holds me close.

"It was alright but I'm exhausted," I yawned.

"Well yeah it's 1 o'clock in the morning. Wanna go up to bed?"

"More than anything," I smirked.

"Let's go then," Dalton says picking up my suitcase and holding my hand as we walk to the elevator.

I went into the bathroom and changed into leggings and a tank top. I walk out and hop into bed. As Dalton comes out of the bathroom in his pj's I hit the spot next to me on the bed.

"What," he laughs.

"Come cuddle with me," I whine.

"Okay. I'm coming," he laughs crawling in next to me.

He come and wraps his arms my stomach playing with one piece of my hair that was in my face. I look at his mesmerizing bright blue eyes as talk about life and everything we don't already know about each other which at this point isn't much. After a while of talking I asked if he would sing to me for a while. Once he started singing Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer I fell asleep in minutes.

-----

Today is the day. The day that Dalton performs his first song for Hollywood week. I woke up and see Dalton practicing his song one more time. I get up and put on new makeup. I grab the same pair of jeans I wore yesterday, a black teeshirt, a pair of black doc martins, and a dark red velvet jacket of Dalton's he wanted me to wear.

"You ready," I said grabbing my purse as he paced the floor.

"As ready as I'll ever be."