•Chapter 8•

[Dalton]

I woke up in what felt like a box. Sleeping in a van is not my favorite. I stretched out as I felt everything crack. I look over at my friend Grant who is already setting up the merch table.

"Hey man how did you sleep," grant said putting a giant box of tee shirts out.

"I feel like a slinky but it was alright."

"You get used to it after a while. So American Idol huh?"

"Yeah. It's coming up soon."

"You get off at San Fransisco right?"

"Yeah but I'm auditioning in Little Rock."

"So why San Fran for your last stop?"

"I'm seeing a friend."

"A friend or a girlfriend," Grant teases.

"One can dream."

"This wouldn't happen to be the hot girl you were face timing last night would it?"

"It just so happens it is."

"Why does she look so familiar, man?"

"She just so happens to be Billie Joe Armstrong's daughter," I smile to myself.

"Bro! That's why she looks familiar! She records and goes to movie premieres and stuff! Her whole family is famous! Is that why you're dating her," he teased me.

"We aren't dating and no. I want to date her because she's beautiful, she's funny, has a great personality, and just is all around someone who's fun to be around."

"Well that's lame," Grant smiled teasing me, "you guys are cute."

"Shut up man," I laugh.

-----
-August 3rd-

"D! D wake up gates opening," Grant says opening the van doors.

I hop out and look to see if I can find any site of Jai. Unfortunately I couldn't see anything but my phone light up on the seat I was sleeping on.

Jai: I'll be there soon hopefully.

Me: I'll be waiting ;)

[Jai]

"Joey! drive faster," I complained in the front seat.

"Would you calm down we will see your boyfriend in like 5 minutes. Why are you so anxious?"

"Shut up he's not my boyfriend and I haven't seen him since I spoke to the kids at the school of Rock that was like two months ago."

"Jai you were just talking to him on FaceTime like 6 hours ago," Jake commented from the back seat.

"You FaceTime him until 4:00 in the morning," Joey asked with wide eyes.

"Shut up and pull into the parking lot."

Once we pulled into the parking lot and looked everywhere for a False Puppet signed so I could find Dalton. I saw his friend Grant carrying a box of False Puppet bracelets. I grab my brothers and run over to Grant.

"Hey you're Grant," I say running over to him.

"You must be the all mighty and famous Jaiden and I assume these are your brothers."

"Hi," Joey and Jake wave from behind me.

"We're the brothers," Jake sarcastically remarks.

"May I just say your dad is awesome," Grant said in a more calm voice than Dalton did.

"We get that a lot," Joey rolled his eyes.

"Where's Dalton?"

"Right over there unloading merch," Grant says pointing to his grown out and faded hair dyed color.

I tell Grant to be quiet and walk in front. I sneak around the van and watch as Grant acts like I'm not 15 feet behind him. I sneak up behind Dalton slowly getting closer and closer.

"Freeze punk," I say putting my fingers as guns to his back.

He slowly turns around and I jump into his arms giving him a huge hug.

"Jai you're here!"

"Of course I am. You knew I was coming," I smiled as he put my feet back down on the ground.

"Dalton these are my brothers Joey and Jake," I said turning around to see Jake and Joey trying to look like badasses, "sometimes."

"It's nice to meet you," Dalton smiles offering a hand shake.

"Yeah he's cool," Jake said taking the hand shake and Joey does the same after.