•Chapter 63•

[Jai]

"Distance means so little when someone means so much."

It's been three days now since Dalton went home and I miss him like crazy. Him and I have facetimed, called, and texted each other everyday like we used to which always made me feel better.

"Woah woah Dalton slow down," I laugh sitting on my couch turning on the tv.

"Is it on do you have it on the Michael and Kelly show," he in an excited panic.

"Hold on I'm trying to find it," I laugh finding the channel, "okay I got it so what's so important. If this about Trent being on there I already know."

"No not that. Just shut up and watch," he teases.

I sit back patiently waiting for whatever I'm waiting for. Suddenly Kelly says Dalton's name panning over to Dalton by a microphone. I cover my mouth as he sings Hopelessly Devoted which he knows is my favorite song. I wait until he finished to speak.

"Did you sing that for me," I ask not able to wipe the smile off my face.

"Well it wasn't for Trent," he teases.

"Well I'm sure he would have loved it," I laugh.

"Yeah but Trent isn't as good at kissing as you," he teases again.

"Did you make it home okay silly boy," I ask laughing at his weirdness.

"Yeah I got home a couple hours ago. New York is super nice. You would have loved it. That might need to be our next vacation spot."

"Sounds like fun to me."

"What's your plan for the rest of today?"

"I have a place I wanna visit," I smile putting on my School Of Rock sweatshirt.

"I bet I can take wild guess where. Have fun and I'll see you when you get home. Drive safe I love you."

"I love you too," I say hanging up the phone.

I walk to my car and get in driving back toward my parent's house. I pull into my favorite park's parking lot. I look down at my jean shorts, black sweatshirt, converse, and hair up in a messy bun in my car window before walking into the park.

I walk through on the trail and take in the fresh air trying to remember the last time I was here. I feel so at peace at this park. I sit on a giant rock a look at all the trees causing me to smile at the beauty of nature.

It's crazy to think the last time I was here Dalton and I had just met and had feelings for each other and we didn't even know it, Dalton was still my little secret that no one knew about, and I was just another girl who sings on the radio.

Through the ups and downs in Dalton and I's relationship I don't think there has ever been a time I wasn't in love with him. Dalton is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

My life has changed so much since Dalton and I have been together. I made new friends (one who won American idol), I've been part of a new family, and I've met the love of my life.

To think none of this would have happened if I never talked to those kids in the Dallas SOR. I guess it just goes to show anything can happen at anytime and you never know how much it's going to change your life.

I'm Jaiden Kid Armstrong and I'm okay with a little distance ;)

-------------------------------------------------------
~A/N~

Well that's it! Guys this sucks it feels like the end of an era. Well maybe not to you guys but I'm sad to see this end. I'm excited to announce that the first chapter of the sequel to Distance is out rn! It's called Wildfire go give it a read by expect slow updates.

Like always thanks for reading! I love you all!

-D.D.