•Chapter 57•

[Jai]

"Alright I dropped Dalton's parent's stuff off at their hotel and don't worry I didn't tell them what happened," Joey said walking into the living room.

"How's Dalton," I say holding an empty glass that once at one point full of white wine.

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Please tell me it'll make it easier," I say rubbing the empty wine glass on my forehead.

"He isn't look too hot. Trent said Dalton hasn't left his bed. He's been in rough shape ever since they drove home."

I sigh feeling heart broken just by the fact he is heart broken. I grab the wine bottle and pour my third glass. I play with Dalton's coin ring that I keep on my finger before taking another drink.

"Jai I think this should be your last glass," Joey says taking the bottle.

"It's white wine. It's not like I'm taking a bunch of shots at a party with strangers," I say bitterly.

"Either way you shouldn't be drinking while you're upset."

"I'm not upset," I lie.

Joey doesn't say anything. He picks up the wine bottle and puts it on a shelf he knows I can't reach. He wraps himself in a blanket and sits on a chair across from me.

"How many have you had," Joey says referring to my half empty glass.

"This is my third," I say putting my hands up.

"After this glass you're going to bed."

"Anyone ever tell you how much you look like dad when you're laying down the law," I huff taking another sip.

Joey rolls his eyes, "Jakob is driving up tomorrow morning and we're all gonna have breakfast tomorrow morning."

"No thanks."

"It wasn't a question," Joey says taking the glass away.

"Do I have to go?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I refuse to let my little sister be one of those people who locks them self in their room and doesn't talk to anyone when they get their heart broken. Besides you and I both know this isn't the end."

"I'm going to bed," I yawn walking to the guest bedroom, "hey Joseph," I hesitate before going in.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"Love you too," he calls.

I smile a little and go into the room. I climb straight into bed. I pick up my phone and just stare at my home screen picture of Dalton and I cuddling on the couch back at his house in Texas. I feel a smile creep on my face seeing him and I together. I feel a tear run down my face realizing this is the first time in months Dalton and I aren't going to say goodnight or even speak.

[Dalton]

"God please when I wake up make yesterday an awful nightmare," I whisper to myself when I wake up.

I open my eyes and look next to me. No Jaiden. Sleeping last night was close to impossible. I was up all night hoping that I'd get a message from Jaiden. I get up and walk toward the tiny kitchen in Trent's room.

"Good morning Dalton," Trent said as i stretched.

"What's so good about it," I groan.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Shitty."

"I'm sorry man," Trent says handing me a plate of pancakes and toast.

"Did uh... Did she talk to you last night," I hesitate to ask not knowing if I want the answer.

"No but I talked to Joey. He said she's gonna be safe for the night and he just wanted to make sure you're okay," Trent sighs, "how are you?"

"I miss her so much," I say laying my head on the table.

"Yeah I figured. Hopefully rehearsals will help distract you."

"I don't want a distraction," I sigh, "I want her back."

"She'll be back. You two are in love."

"Right now I'm not so sure," I say holding back my emotions.

"Look man all I know is when two people are meant to be together no matter what happens to try and break them up they always come back together because that's what they're supposed to do," Trent smiles.

"Let's just get to rehearsals. Just do me a favor?"

"Anything."

"If you hear anything about or from Jaiden... will you just... will you just tell... just keep me posted," I sigh just wanting her to be in my arm again.

"Yeah I'll keep you posted," Trent smiles handing me a cup of coffee.