•Chapter 13•

[Dalton]

After spending 3 fantastic days unfortunately it's my last day with Jai. After spending the rest of the night eating dinner with Jai's family we finally made it back home at midnight letting Jai and I fall asleep instantly.

By the time I woke up Jai wasn't quite awake yet but she seemed to be tossing and turning. I gently got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I felt Jai's arms wrap around my stomach resting her head on my back.

"Good morning," I smirked.

"Morning," she mumbled in a tired tone, "wanna go out for breakfast?"

"Sure," I smiled.

We both got ready fairly quickly and got in the car driving to a near by restaurant. I hold the door open for her and went to a booth in the back. Jai kept sniffling and hiding her face behind her menu.

"You okay Jai?"

"Yeah," she said smiling, "I just can't believe it's your last day."

"Me either," I said sighing, "but we still have 6 hours until I have to be at the airport."

"Mind if I steal those 6 hours and keep you to myself," Jai asked blushing a little.

"I wouldn't mind at all," I smiled.

After breakfast Jai showed me her favorite places around Berkeley and San Fransisco. We drove along the coast taking turns driving, taking pictures of each other, lip syncing and dancing to whatever song was playing, but when we weren't doing that we were enjoying each other's company.

"Okay take the next right. This place is my absolute favorite," Jai said as I pulled into a wooded area with a sign that says Muir Woods National Park.

"Muir national park?"

"Yeah. My mom used to bring me here all the time as a kid. This is where I wrote the lyrics to my first song and where I wrote the lyrics to my newest album. I eventually found this place to be my home away from home."

"Thanks for bringing me here," I smiled as we walked down the path holding hands.

After walking for about 45 minutes we started to walk back toward the car. I looked at Jai as she held my hand and we laughed about everything.

"This place is really beautiful," I said looking down to smile at her.

"Isn't it? I love it here. It's so romantic and calming," she said stopping looking up at my to look into my eyes.

Dalton kiss her. You have to. She's so beautiful and this is the perfect time. We've been on multiple dates and we've slept in the same bed so it's not like she hates me.

I lean in slowly as if I'm asking for permission. She wraps her fingers around mine. She slightly goes on her tippy toes bringing her lips closer to mine. We inches in closer and suddenly I felt electricity spark through my entire body. We pull away after a while and opened our eyes as everything moved in slow motion.

"Wow," I said in amazement under my breath.

She just smiled as we walked back to the car and laughing and talking the same way. We got in the car and drive back to Jai's house so I can pack. Once I got packed up I made my way down stairs to say goodbye to everyone.

"Dalton I'm sad to see you go man," Joey said bringing me in for a hug, "hopefully we'll see you back here when you're on American idol."

"Hopefully," I smiled.

"It's been great D," Jake said giving me a hug like his brother, "come back soon ya?"

"For sure man," I said moving down the line to Ali.

"Oh kid give me a hug," Ali said smiling with watery eyes.

"Mom are you crying," Joey teased.

"Shut up I'm a very emotional person!"

"Hopefully I'll be back if Jai invites me," I say winking at Jai.

"He'll be back," she smiles.

"Sir Dalton Rapattoni," Billie said taking a deep breath, "you're a very talented and charming young man. American Idol is gonna be lucky to have you. A couple tips when performing take the stage and own it. Show the judges that you're meant to be there."

"Thank you sir," I smiled shaking his hand.

"No. If you're gonna date my daughter you can't call me sir. Call me Billie."

I smiled and shook his hand but he pulled me into a hug. Not gonna lie I felt like screaming and fangirling. Jai and I waved goodbye as Jai drove me to the airport.