•Chapter 20•

[Jai]

"What show do you wanna watch," I ask Dalton as I look through the channels while he lays in the bed on his phone.

"Can we please watch Doctor Who?"

"Always," I laugh, "did you order some food?"

"Yeah I ordered some pizza it should be here soon," he said getting up and walking to the window of our hotel room.

"Hey you guys," Mackenzie said in his dorky ways.

"Hey Mac daddy," I teased not looking away from the tv.

Mackenzie hops on the second bed in the room while Dalton stayed at the window. I walk over and hug Dalton from behind. I lean my head on Dalton's back and notice that Mackenzie is taking pictures of us.

"I didn't know you work for TMZ," Dalton teased looking up from his phone.

"You know just incase this whole music thing doesn't work out," Mackenzie laughed.

I heard someone knock on the door and looked around to see who was gonna answer it. They both looked at me making me get it. Lazy boys.

"No no please let me," I tease sarcastically.

I grab the pizza and pay the guy. I put the pizza on a little table we have by the window. I look up and see Mackenzie looking at his phone that was pointed at me.

"You two are acting weird," I laughed opening the box.

I opened the box and saw on the inside of the box clearly Dalton's unique writing that said "Will you be my girlfriend or is this too cheesy?" I blushed as I felt my heart stop. I turn around and see Dalton biting his lip.

"Can you believe that," I laugh, "that pizza guy just tried to ask me out," I teased.

Mackenzie and Dalton just laugh as I wrap my arms around him and give him a kiss. He holds me tight and kisses my forehead.

"So is that a yes," Dalton smiles.

"I would be honored to be your girlfriend," I laugh looking at the floor. He grabs my chin and gives me another kiss.

-----

After watching a movie with Mackenzie and Dalton eventually Mackenzie decided he wanted to go back to his room while Dalton had already passed out in the bed. I smiled at him as he slept with his hands by his face and his mouth just barely opened. I grabbed my phone and pulled up FaceTime so I could give my family a ring.

"Hey mom. Hey dad," I said as their faces popped up on the screen.

"Hey honey," my mom smiled, "how's Hollywood?"

"Good," I said going into the bathroom so I wouldn't wake Dalton, "Dalton is doing fantastic on the show."

"That's awesome!"

"Yeah! I'm so proud of him."

"We are too," my dad called sticking his head into the screen and watching tv at the same time.

"So uh... Dalton asked me to be his girlfriend," I said trying to make it sound casual.

"You weren't dating already," Jake teased from off screen.

"Sweetie that's great," my mom smiled, "he's a nice boy."

"I like to think so," I blushed to myself.

"So when are you coming home," my dad asked from the side.

"I'm not sure. Im thinking after Hollywood week."

-----

The next morning Dalton was already practicing his song for this week. He hasn't let me hear it and claims it going to be a surprise. I get up and go to the coffee machine in Dalton and I's room and walk to the studio that was only a couple blocks away.

I get into the studio as many contests who Dalton and I have become friends with say hi to me. I go to the seat I plan on sitting in during his show. I get a text and feel myself get nervous for reasons I will never understand.

Dalton ❤️: My parents want to have lunch with us after this last round.

I've never met Dalton's parents or any of my pervious boyfriend's parents. I held my breath and smiled through it. I sit back in my seat and start writing music as I wait for Dalton to come on stage.