The Lies We Tell

Your POV

"Laurence y-yes," I said nervously. He slid the ring on my finger and got up and kissed me. I remember the day that I met him. He carried me home bridal style and put me down on the bed. I just giggled and he sat down beside me. "Y/N what was your past life like?" he asked "I know you already told me some things but I want to know more." I just looked at him in shock. I never told him about me being held prisoner when I was 4. I had known Garroth all my life but he didn't tell anybody about it. I was found in the forest but was taken prisoner by Okasis. Zane and Garroth would always play together until I got older. Then Zane would inappropriately touch me and Garroth tried to stop him. Zane would force me to do things and when Garroth left it got worse. Eventually I escaped and I never want to be kept prisoner again. I told Laurence some lies knowing that this would turn out bad. He believed me and we decided to go and tell everybody the good news. We went to Aphmau first and she was super excited. Then we told Dante and he was happy for us. We told Garroth next and I told Laurence to go back to the house. I told Garroth about Laurence asking me about my past life and he was worried. He told me to just tell Laurence the truth and I thought about it. I decided I would tell him and when I got home he was on the couch. "Laurence I need to tell you something," I said. I told him everything and when I was done he hugged me. "I am so sorry that you had to go through that," he said. I that he would me mad at me for lying but I thought wrong. He said that he never likes people being treated badly unless they deserved it. When we went to sleep he held me like his life depended on it. I knew at that moment that nobody has EVER loved me like Laurence.