(Genevieves' Helper) Jared X Reader

This one is gonna be some family friggin' fluff for you guys, the reader is adopted by Gen and Jared to help take care of Thomas and Shepherd while they are constantly in motion. But you're not just some glorified babysitter, they spoil and really do love you. Sorry if I'm spoiling the story a bit but trust me, it's worth it to read this chapter, I'm so in love with this idea.

~Skylynn

--------------------

    You'd been living in that girls'  home for nearly fifteen years, and you had been abandoned at the age of...well...a year old. Your parents didn't want you so why bother missing them and trusting others right? Throughout the years when you were younger you'd have interviews with couples that want a kid but they would always want someone else, and nobody wants a teenager so when you reached twelve you lost all hope completely. Then a few months ago a dark haired woman showed up and asked to interview and talk to the oldest kids in the home, a seventeen year old druggie boy with a record, A fourteen year old girl with braces and frizzy blonde hair, and you. Being a sixteen year old girl you were put under the category and tossed into your room to clean up and wait for the woman to come and wait for you.

"That woman that's here...do you recognize her?", One of your roommates murmurs to another girl.

"Yeah, it's totally her! I can't believe it, but she wants one of the older kids...", The girl replies and shakes her head sadly.

"It sucks that we're not teenagers yet, but I've only got a few months left!", Your roommate giggles and you try to listen in on the conversation more but the door opens and the head of the home beckons for you to follow her.

"Ugh, she is so lucky.", The second girl groans as you leave the room and shut the door quietly.

"Y/N, this woman is a very important person and I want you to behave just like you usually do. No outbursts because you don't think they're nice enough, like last time.", Miss Endry gives you a pointed look and you sigh rolling your eyes.

"Yes ma'am.", You mutter and follow her into the living room where the dark haired woman is sitting placidly on the couch with your file on the coffee table in front of her.

"Hi sweetie, I'm Genevieve, it's nice to meet you.", She stands up and outstretches her hand for you to shake.

"Hi, I'm Y/N.", You smile shyly and take her hand shaking it firmly.

"Tell me about yourself Y/N.", She sits back down and pats the spot next to her on the couch and you join her timidly.

"You have my file, I assume you've read it already.", You look away and frown uncomfortably.

"Yes, but I'd like to hear about more than just your birthday and squeaky clean record, which I think is wonderful by the way.", She sighs and nudges you affectionately.

"Thank you, what do you want to know?', You smile warming up to her kind demeanor.