Chapter One.

10/24/13

Wednesday

8:01 am.

Dear World,  

    Yeah I know. It's supposed to be "Dear Diary", but let's face it; I'm writing this to every fucking person in the world.  

     So, let's start off with an introduction. My name is Persephone. Persephone Pierce. I know. For the name Persephone I must be beautiful or gorgeous.  

     That's where you're wrong. I'm not beautiful or gorgeous, and I'll never be that.

    I get called:

    Stupid, Fat, Ugly, Bitch, Whore, Slut, Worthless,  Idiot, It.  

   Yeah, I'm the messed up kid of Wolverhampton, England.

 I moved here when I was 13 and I still don't have the accents or slang down. I think my stupid American accent triggers people to think,

'Ew. What is that?' 

   I'm in twelfth grade now, 18 years old, and I still haven't found a way for the pushing and pulling and hurting to stop.  

   I mean what can a girl do when her life is so troubled and cruel. Right now I'm sitting in my room, writing shit in this book. Obviously, I don't do much. About anything.  

   All I know is. I'm going to end this. Soon.  

  • PERSEPHONE PIERCE 

            With tears streaming, I close my diary and eyes. If you didn't catch on, yes. I am bullied, quite a lot actually. I struggle through my crying as I pull on my clothes for school. Just a simple batman shirt with black jeans, red vans and a couple pieces of jewelry. My favorite though is a locket that my grandma gave me before she... passed. It's so beautiful. Glass covers a piece of writing. I love you, my gorgeous butterfly. Oh, how I miss her. I slip on gently over my head and smile to myself as the feeling of cold metal chain touches my middle chest. 

            I look at the time and my eyes go wide.

"It's already fucking 8:23?!" Oh god. I have 7 minutes to get to school. After wiping my puffy eyes, I quickly run to my parents and kiss their cheeks before I jump into my Range Rover. As I go way past the speed limit, I'm singing along to the radio.

"You give me that kind of something

Want it all the time, need it every day

On a scale of one to ten I'm at a hundred

Never get enough, I can’t stay away

If you want it, I got it, I got it every day

You can get whatever you need from me

Stay by your side, I’ll never leave you

And I ain’t going nowhere 'cause you’re a keeper."

            That was all I got to sing before I parked next to my school. Grabbing my backpack, I ran out of my car and went into the school as fast as possible. Right when I walk in, though, Katie Jones, the sluttiest girl in town, walks up to me. With an evil grin on her face, she sneers,

            "Hey bitch!", laughing she added on, "I can't believe you haven't killed yourself yet." I'm used to this abuse. This is the first time I heard that comment though. Completely shocked and hurt, I ran. I ran and ran. Silent tears go down my face as I slow down to go to my locker. When some people see my face and its contents, they simply laugh at me. I put my backpack in my locker and take my first three periods out for science, english, and algebra. When I close my locker, my only friend Cece or Cecily is there.