Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine

"You needn't stare so long. It's time enough for us to fall into dreams. No hands covering your kiss. Everything is heaven."

-Braid, Gem Club

Persephone's POV

I wish I was dead. Life would be easier and days would be shorter. Liam and Niall and Zayn and Louis and Harry and everyone else would be in so much less pain. And it's my fault. Shit. Liam just stared at me as I stared straight back at him. "Liam."

"Y-yes?" He softly stuttered. I motioned him to walk to me in a slow manner as he was in a daze. He seemed confused and as lost as I was right now, but still walked over to me. As soon as he walked right in front of me, I put my hand on the back of his neck.

"I love you, Liam." I didn't let him respond as our lips collided. Passion, despair, regret, and love was poured into the kiss. It was slow, and it wasn't perfect, but we aren't perfect. It ended after all of our unspoken words were exchanged. Our eyes never left each other.

"I love you too. You have no idea how much. And as much I want to tell you how much, you should probably get medical help 'cause you look kind of pale." You know kissing takes a lot of strength out of you. I nodded while gathering my breath, Liam walked out of the room seeking the nurses.

"Well, that will never leave my mind." Wait when did Niall get here?

"Please shut up and hug me." I opened my arms as he dove into them with a tight grip. It felt good to be able to be useful for a while. Actually, it felt nice hugging him.

"I missed you Jewels. I had to talk to Harry instead of you. HARRY. Do you know how easily distracted he gets?" I threw my head back while I laughed in bliss of knowing that I'm alive. I miss all of my boys.

Coincidentally, right after I thought, the other four boys ran in with the other doctors. The doctors and the nurses approached me asking too many questions that I wasn't prepared for.

Louis could tell I was getting uncomfortable and panicky with the small amount of space around me, "Oi! Let her breathe!" I sent him a look that said 'thank you'. He nodded a welcome with a smile. Everyone backed up a little realizing that he was right, I sighed with relief. One at a time, they asked questions like, "Does anything hurt?" "What's your name?" "What day is it?". I responded the obvious answer to every single one of them except the last one.

"December 23?" The nurses and doctors gave me sympathetic looks while Liam sadly corrected me, "No love, it's March 5."

"What the hell? I missed Christmas and my birthday!" Then something important popped up in my mind, "Did anyone call my parents?"

"Don't worry I just called them and they really wanted to be here but they had an important meeting to attend to. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, babe. I'm used to it. When can I get out of here?" I looked up with hope that they were going to say today. This time the main surgical doctor spoke up saying in at least a week due to me being out for so long. After they explained everything about what's wrong and what isn't, they all walked out. As soon as they left, I felt an intense pressure on me.

"Boys. Boys. BOYS! I can't breathe." I laughed breathlessly feeling euphoria around them all. They were my family after all.

ONE WEEK LATER

"Thank god. I'm finally out of that shitty bed." I rubbed my sore neck as I'm being pushed by Liam in a wheelchair. We went straight to the car, but it took a while for me to try to get in. I got so frustrated, so I put my arms up as a signal for Liam to pick me up. He blushed and put his strong arms underneath my knees and back. I put my arms around his neck, I was too tired to walk. I didn't even need a wheelchair but the boys insisted. In the midst of being carried, I think I fell asleep.