Chapter Two.

~Chapter Two~

 Persephone's POV

            "No! What are the hell are you doing?!" The mystery man yelled while I just sat paralyzed in his arms. That brought me back to life though.

            "I need to die! Let me go! Stop it! I don't deserve to live. Let me fucking go. I'm giving everyone what they wanted. Now let me jump!" I thrashed around in his arms crying my heart out. I need to die. He may not understand but I do, very clearly. Why can't I just die already? I need it. I need to feel something. Please God. Let me die. Then he started stroking my hair so gently, that it felt like he thought I would break into a million pieces then and there. I already did though. Long ago. Damn it. I need to die. But his touch is so soothing. I calmed down a bit and finally got a good look at his face. Whoa. It's the gorgeous guy from the stage. Only sniffling now, I asked, "Why didn't you just let me die?"

            With a shocked face, he replied. "Why wouldn't I? You don't deserve that pain and hurtful words that girl gave you. That's- that's just plain old disgusting. I can't believe anyone would do that. I wasn't going to let someone die when I'm there witnessing those events. Someone had to go after you." I didn't say a word to him. Then, he did something I never expected him to do. He hugged me. Wonderful was an understatement of how I felt in his arms at that moment. I felt, and as cliché as this sounds, I felt safe. Something I don't even feel around my parents. I nuzzled into his chest, my breathing ragged. I love this feeling.

            "Persephone." He pulled away with confusion written on his face.

            "What?" Chuckling I said it again.

            "Persephone, that's my name. Persephone Pierce." I said, surprisingly, confidently.

            "Well in that case, my name is Payne. Liam Payne. That's a beautiful name by the way, well for a beautiful girl." Liam stated with a wink. My face was probably as red as a tomato. He looked at me with sadness as he wiped my remaining tears away. I gave him a thankful smile.

            "Shouldn't you be singing to girls downstairs? You are in that band, um, something Direction, right?" He chuckled.

            "That's a first. You don't know who we are, do you?" I shook my head side to side. "It's One Direction, by the way." My mouth formed into an 'o' shape. I got up out of his arms and started to walk away, but was pulled back by Liam's firm hand. I turned his way and raised an eyebrow.

            "I- um, I was wondering if I could have your number. If that's okay. I really want to talk more about what just happened. We should hang out some time. I want to get to know you better, Persephone." The way my name sounded coming from his mouth; it was pure ecstasy.

            "Sure! Here you go." I handed him my IPhone 5 and he gave me his Blackberry. We exchanged numbers before I ran down the stairs to get to the bathroom. Ha, glad I could keep that happy act up. Now I just need my razor.  I went to my locker first and grabbed all of my stuff to put in my backpack. Reaching into my pencil pouch, I pulled out my silver razor covered in dried blood. This was my release. I walked quickly to the bathroom, my backpack on my shoulder, and locked the door after making sure that no one was in there.

            Pain. That's all I felt. No one knows that I cut my wrists. I mean, why give them another reason to torture me? I love my parents and I could tell them anything, but not this. Not this one. I knew that I could trust Liam though. He still looked familiar and oddly enough I feel attracted to him. I can't have a crush though. Not now. Maybe when all of this hurt goes away but I doubt that it will. He was so sweet and caring. Sighing I looked at myself in the mirror. Disgusting. One cut.