Chapter Eight.

"Maybe I'm wrong and all that you get is what you see. Maybe I'm right and there's something out there to believe. Everybody's talking in. their sleep."

-Big Machine, Mark Duplass

Liam's POV

I watch the rain drizzle down slowly, carelessly down to the ground. My hand is starting to ache while my head has been resting on it for ages. It was March 5th now and Persephone's been in a coma for more than two months. She missed Christmas, but it doesn't matter because so did I.

All of the others went home to have fun with their families, while i just sit here next to the love of my life waiting for her to open her eyes. I rest in the same plastic and uncomfortable chair next to her side, and I feel so fucking useless not knowing how to make her wake up.

Some days I walk in hoping Percy will wake up, then I fall asleep wishing I was sleeping forever with her. The doctors say she might never wake up and that I shouldn't get my hopes up. Despite that, the boys, except Niall, say, "Its only a matter of time lad! She'll wake up in no time!" with a pat on the shoulder.

I don't know who to believe. Persephone can hear me, I know it. So I sing to her. Our new album, Midnight Memories, recently came out and I mostly sing Diana and You and I to her while rubbing my thumb across her soft, milky hand. Sometimes, I tell her about my day, sometimes I just cry and complain about how God should've made that car hit me not her.

I turn my chair away from the window and towards the sleeping girl on the white hospital bed. A piece of hair fell onto her forehead, so I pushed that behind her ear. Something liquid falls onto her hand and I assume it's my tears, but surprisingly it's Persephone's tears. Shes crying in her comatose form. I wipe them away, but she starts whimpering.

Excited, I say, "Persephone, darling can you hear me?" Persephone starts gasping and it all happened so fast.

Her eyes shot open and I yelled for the nurses because she wasn't gasping from waking up. She started whipping her body around the small bed and shaking too violently. Nurses and doctors started rushing into her room attending to her need. I was rushed outside of Percy's room, shoved actually. I slipped past the door and went to the clear windows looking into the poor girl's room.

To my horror, realization came over me. I stared shocked as Persephone was having a seizure. They turned her on her side as she was yelling in pain and she was flailing around harshly on the bed.

Then she stopped. She just stopped moving. Immediately, Persephone plopped back down onto her back, sweat breaking out on her forehead. The problem was that her heart rate was going down. I looked at her heart monitor in despair. They have to help her. "DON'T LET HER DIE ON ME. DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE DIE ON ME PERSEPHONE." I screamed and screamed. They put the electric paddles onto her chest and a doctor screamed something at another and her body jerked up.

They did it again and again. Finally, the line on her heart monitor started moving, it showed incline. Her heart was beating normally again. I rushed into her room, pushed past doctors, and hugged her to my body.

My sobs were starting to hurt my chest and throat as she still wasn't awake. I started seeing spots as my knees were getting weaker. "Liam!" Footsteps started running towards me, luckily they came to me in time to catch me as i fell into darkness.

Niall's POV

What the hell just happened?! Liam lay in my arms as I quickly caught him as he started to collapse to the ground. I slapped him around the face to try and wake him up.

When I was about to slap him really hard, he jerked and stood up so fast, that I look at my empty arms with wide eyes.

"Niall? Liam?" We stared at the girl shocked as she called our names oh so quietly.

"Persephone."

{A/N}

This is shit. I'm sorry. Sorry for the long wait. I love y'all. :)