Chapter 13: The Arguement

Elizabeta's POV

I drove Gilbert back home as he sat in the passenger seat with arms crossed and a somewhat angry expression on his face.

"You still care about that bastard?" Gilbert asked me.

My eyes widened as I shook my head as I went onto the freeway and the traffic had cleared up. He was talking about Roderich.

"Well, someone died. Should I not care?" I asked Gilbert and glanced at him for a second then my eyes going back to the road.

"You could care less," Gilbert said and faced the side of his window, avoiding eye contact with me. I sighed and continued to drive.

"Gil I really don't like you when you have that attitude. Where's the Gilbert that would always make me smile?" I asked. It was silent but all I heard was him scoffing. "My ass," I heard him mutter as my left eye twitched in anger.

Once that we were at his house that he was staying at temporarily, Gilbert got on his crutches as the two of us sat on the front of the porch, looking in the opposite directions and avoiding each other. I hugged my knees as Gilbert crossed his arms.

"I came back here because of you. Maybe I just wasted my money on the stupid plane ticket," Gilbert muttered. "You still care about the damn aristocrat even after what he did I know it," Gilbert muttered again. I started to get a bit angry, but as much as it was, I didn't want to start an argument.

"Maybe, I should have ignored you while I was in Germany," Gilbert muttered and stood up. I grabbed his arm and faced the floor with a glum expression on my face. "I'm....I'm sorry, Gil. I mean it," I said and bit my lip.

"It's Gilbert," he said and shook off his arm and went inside the house.

My eyes widened as I hugged my knees and I started to cry. It was just a fight, but I felt like he was never going to forgive me. "H-He lied..," I said to myself. I thought of his flirty expression, his smiling face, his awesome way he calls himself.

It seemed like it was gone...

I stood up and walked to a nearby park around their neighborhood. I started to walk around it continuously as I silently cried to myself and faced the ground.

But I found myself hearing someone else's cries that weren't mine. I looked up to see Feliciano in a tree, with a rope in his hand that was tied into a loop and his eyes were wide open. A loop that is big enough for his head to fit in. My eyes widened as I quickly walked over to Feliciano.

"What on Earth are you doing?!" I yelled at Feliciano. He glanced at me and just smiled. But his eyes were red and puffy, dripping with tears. "Your upset, Elizabeta. Why?" Feliciano asked in his childish and innocent voice however, he seemed very quiet.

"Don't hang yourself!" I yelled at Feliciano with pleading eyes and wiped my tears, completely forgetting about them. Feliciano just smiled at me. "Ludwig's going to die, isn't he?" Feliciano asked. My eyes widened as I shook my head. "N-No, Feli he'll wake up I'm telling you..," I told him and started to trail off.

He got closer and closer to the rope as I started to climb on the tree. I quickly yanked him out of the rope before he could suffocate. I brought him down as he looked at me and started to sob on my back as he hugged me tight.

"Wh...Why didn't you let me die?" Feliciano asked me. I shook my head. "Never. I won't ever let you die," I told him and released him from the hug. Then he went back to closing his eyes.

"Elizabeta do you remember the boy when we were kids?" Feliciano asked and wiped away his tears. I nodded. "He was blonde, right? Blue eyes?" I asked Feliciano. He nodded. "I...I saw him," Feliciano said sounding a by more serious than he usually is. This sort of scared me.

"B-But...HRE died in, France!" I exclaimed. Feliciano nodded. "That's what I thought. But he just traveled to Germany. And, now he came back," Feliciano said and cringed as he started to cry again. "The problem is now, that he came back. He actually came back. But now, he's in a coma..," Italy said.

My eyes widened in shock. I noticed something about HRE's features. Blue eyes, blonde hair. It was him. He was Ludwig and I didn't even know. "A-And he's been my best friend for a while. It was him. He was HRE," Feliciano said and cried again.

"L-Look, Feliciano don't cry. I'll take you home to your brother Lovino. I'm sure he won't want to see you cry," I took him. Feliciano wiped his tears a second time and closed his eyes, nodding. "Sure thing!" He exclaimed durning back into his happy and bubbly self.

"That's the spirit!" I exclaimed as the two of us walked on the sidewalk. I dropped him off as his house as I got in my van as I started the car. I still remembered Gilbert's words that struck my heart as fast as lightning, but stung like a jellyfish.

I drove back home and then gave back my car keys to my mom. I ran up the stairs without even bothering to say hi to her. She heard the door, she knows that I'm home. I locked myself in my room as Eli was waiting for me upstairs.

I looked at the German Shepard and brought it to my bed as I stroked it's fur. I laid down on my back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't help but keep on saying I'm Sorry in my mind. There was nothing else to do. Maybe, he won't forgive me...