Worth Dying For

*So you probably don't read these but if you do; Don't judge!! I've never written a fanfic so... Yeah!! I hope you enjoy it!!*

I woke up on a hot Sunday. School starts tomorrow. It's too soon! So. About me. I am 15 years old with a 4 year old sister, Emily. My parents both died when she was baby so I don't really remember them. I got adopted by a man and woman with no kids. They are in their 30s. I have one friend here so far because he lives down the street. He's quite short. Being 5'4 and best friends with a girl 5'8. I was woken from my day dream by my step-mom Marsha. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in my bed. "Come in." I squeaked still tired.

"Niall is down stairs in the living room." Marsha smiled sweetly. I yawned and nodded. Niall came to my house? How sweet I thought. No. He's just my friend. Of course he came over. Don't be stupid Melissa.

I hopped down the stairs in my shorts and tank top pajamas. He looked up from texting someone. "Hey. New outfit?" Niall smiled. I gave him 'the look' and walked into the kitchen. He came into the kitchen after me.

"Wanna make me food?" He smiled. I looked down at him,

"No." I smiled grabbing the pancake mix. He smiled and went to the other side of the counter to look me in the eyes.

"What?" I asked forming a smile.

"Ready for school?" He asked resting his chin in his hands. I smirked.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Just wondering. Freshman." He grinned.

"I don't know if I am or not. Honestly." I said with worry in my voice.

"You have me, Louis, Harry, Liam, and Zayn there." He said standing straight. I looked up at him.

"What?" He smirked.

"Nothing." I said handing him his food.

*The next morning*

"Mellissa. Mellissa. Wake up honey. You have school." Marshas voiced cooed. I groaned and rolled over. Marsha shook me and I opened my eyes.

"Fine you win!" I yelled grumpily getting out of bed. I put on jeans and a cute tee shirt. I grabbed my book bag and went outside to find Niall already there.

"Morning." He yawned. I nodded and walked past him to his car. He put his hands in his pockets and got in to drive to school. The ride to school was quiet and awkward. I looked out the window and saw the other boys. Why didn't Niall pick them up? Did he want to spend alone time with me? I looked at him so concentrated on driving and got a weird feeling. I was going to say something when we pulled up.

"So many freshman." He smiled.

"So many Sophmores." I smiled back. He unbuckled his seatbelt and I sat there with my stomach in knots. He smiled and unbuckled mine.

"Did you forget where we were?" He joked. I gave a short smile and got out of the car.

"I don't want to go." I complained in the hallway. Niall smiled and stopped at my class.

"Well this is your stop. Where are we going after school?" He asked.

"My house." I said without hesitation. He lifted an eyebrow because I usually have to think. "Emily gets home from the hospital today." I said.

"Oh. Are you excited?" He asked. I smiled and nodded at the thought of my sister being home. The bell rang and Niall was off down the hall.

I went to all of my 'nerd' class' with ease. I had to sit alone at lunch because Niall had second lunch. Its still hard being the new kid here. After all, I've only lived here for a month. My last class is chemistry so I had fun; but when the last bell rang I was ready to leave! I grabbed my stuff and basically ran out of the school but Niall had beat me. I smiled as I neared him.