Some questions dont have answers

************************************************Melissas POV**********************************************

"Derick?" I yelled.

"Yes?" He asked confused.

"Why did you answer my phone?" I asked.

"Your parents deserve to know where you are." He said.

"I don't have parents." I whispered.

"Yes you do. Maybe not biological. But theyre your parents. Im sure they love you." He said sweetly.

"You don't know my life do you?" I said harshly.

"No. No I don't." He smirked.

I huffed and sat back.

"Oh Derick." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" I asked.

"Yeah. Kinda. No. Gaurdian Angels. But not ghosts." He replied.

"I saw my little sister. We talked. She said she wanted me to be with her, but then she named off people Im supposed to love." I said and waited for a response.

"Maybe you were just sad. Maybe it was a daydream." He said quietly.

"Yeah. Yeah youre right." I whispered.

He smiled and turned around to go back to his room. I stood up and put a hand on this shoulder.

"One more thing." I said.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Why did you save me? You could've walked down the hall to wherever you were going. Why did you follow me?" I asked.

"I told you. Im Superman. Im supposed to save lives." He smirked.

"Not funny." I stated. "Tell me why you were so worried about a strangers life." I said harshly.

"Sit down." He breathed.

I obeyed him and took a seat. He sat beside me with a poker face.

"My little sister. She was bubbly and always happy. No one knew how sad she really was. Sure we knew she had bad days. But then she told me, all of her days are bad. None of her days are happy or anything. We were all joking around in this very room. She slipped out. I noticed and went to the hallway."

***********************************************Flashback*******************************************

"Kelly? Where are you going?" I asked.

"I need some air. I'll be back in a bit." She smiled and continued walking. I stayed where I was standing and watched her go out the door that led to the roof.

I walked back into my house. "Hey, Kelly went on the roof. Should I follow her?" I asked dad.

"Of course. We'll all be here when you get back." Dad replied.

I nodded and almost ran out the front door. I finally made it to the back and pushed the door open to reveal stairs. I jogged up them and made it to the door leading outside in no time.

I pushed it open and saw Kelly standing on the last rail.

"Kelly." I said calmly. She turned her head making her blonde curls bounce.

"Go back to the party, Derick. Im fine." She said.

"I don't wanna go back without you." I said inching closer.