34

From: Christopher

On my way

I grinned like an idiot at my phone as I fell backwards into my bed; I giggled like a little girl crushing on a guy who's way out of her league. My heart rate picked up and everything; I was getting slightly ahead of myself.

I still had to shower and get ready and do my hair, and here I was blushing over a dude who couldn't even see me. Damn it.

"What do you think, Paris? You like this?" I held up a black skirt and a nice blouse for her to choose. She stared at it and frowned before shaking her head; I sighed loudly. Fashion was totally not my thing. "Sam?"

"Hell no," she laughed, painting Paris' nails. She was biting her tongue in concentration. She blew on my daughter's nails for a few seconds and told her to keep blowing while she rummaged through my closet. Not even five seconds later, she smiled, happy with her choice. "Go shower."

She picked out a pair of black super-skinny jeans and a white long-sleeved shirt with a big-ass panda on it. The panda donned a large red bow and had huge eyes and showed a smile. I smiled at it.

I showered quickly, did a funky dance to get my wet, freshly-shaven legs into my skinny jeans and pulled on my shirt. I heard their voices out in the living room, so I quickly dabbed my face with whatever makeup I could find. Blush, mascara, lip gloss. My hair looked fine, so I just slipped on my boots and grabbed my phone.

"Hi Christopher," I blushed at his all black attire. My favorite Timberlands on his feet and a red snapback covering his black curls. I fought the urge to roll my fingers through his soft hair, I was a sucker for it. "Happy birthday!"

I walked into his open arms and he kissed my neck softly, giving me a good whiff of his god-given scent that almost had my knees buckling. He must have caught on because he chuckled. "Thank you, ma. How are you?"

"Since seeing you only a few hours earlier? I'm fine." I caught myself playing with his earlobe between my fingertips and stopped myself. "You ready to go?"

Both of us looked down to see Paris pulling on his pants leg with a big smile. He hoisted her onto his hip. "Hi pretty girl, why aren't you in bed?"

She shrugged, played with the gold chain around his neck. "I not tired. Where you goin'?"

"Your mommy and I are gonna have a playdate, is that okay?"

She nodded sleepily while rubbing her eyes and yawning. "If she's back by the time I'm awake in the morning." She wiggled in his arms to hug him and give him a wet kiss on his cheek. "Happy birthday, old man."

He kissed her cheek and laughed at his little nickname from her before letting her go off to bed, but not before showing him her bright pink nail polish. He gawked at her nails for her and she giggled.

"Keys?" I cheesed, holding out my hand. Since it was his birthday, I was taking him on a date—the only thing he specifically asked of me for his birthday. Everything was all planned and everything. Kinda romantic, kinda corny. "Stay in here while I get everything ready." I slipped out of the house before he could protest. Loaded the car with the picnic blanket and basket of dinner: champagne, chicken alfredo, cookie cake and whipped cream—for the cookie cake. Then there were pillows and a blanket for the both of us.

He kissed his teeth. "Don't crash my ride, ma."

"I guess now's a bad time to say I got a suspended license?" I joked under my breath, causing him to kiss his teeth yet again. "Bye Sam!"