44 pt 1 [TW]

Chris

Prom was in a month and things were looking great for me and my date, Brianna.

I was excited but also nervous, not to mention horny. My older friends always told me that Prom was the best chance to lose my virginity, to fuck some girl who was willing. I mean, Momma always told me to wait until I was married so it would be really special but what she don't know won't hurt her, right?

Brianna and I settled on a soft yellow color for her dress. I ain't really give a fuck what color she chose, because that shit didn't matter to me. In fact, prom didn't mean anything to me. It was just a dumbass dance that seniors go to so they can have an excuse to book a night in a hotel and fuck until morning.

Plus, I really didn't dance like that.

But Momma insisted on me getting a date so I obliged for her sake. She really just wanted to take pictures in a tuxedo because I never really wore any—I didn't have a reason to.

We went on occasional dates and she was a pretty cool girl. I liked her a lil bit but not enough to be romantic and shit with her. She was my date to prom, nothing more and nothing less. I mean, yeah I had asked her to be my girlfriend but only for the sake of her being my date.

Was I wrong? Hell yeah but it was my senior year, she wouldn't matter in ten years. None of this shit would.

I put up a front the whole time.

Unfortunately, as time progressed and I spent more time with her, I began to grow actual feelings for her.

"Aye yo," Bash laughed as I dug through my locker for my chemistry and literature books for my next two classes. He was across the hall at his, leaning against it and watching me. "You datin' that girl, right?"

I paused and looked over at him, raising my eyebrow. "Nigga, everyone knows that's my girl. Why?"

"Chris, watch your mouth," Mrs. Jennings scolded as she passed by and caught my response to Bash.

I nodded apologetically and zipped up my bag and closed my locker, crossing over the stream of students to stand by him.

I watched his lips curve into a smirk. Bash had seen the lies behind my relationship with Brianna; he knew neither of us were in it for genuine reasons. We both just wanted a date to prom. And I slipped up one day and actually told him that I started liking this girl, and he warned me about her ways.

Let's just say she had a history with guys in our grade and even college niggas. She loved her chocolate if you know what I mean.

But she swore on her momma's grave that I was different.

To everyone else, we acted like the best couple around school, but in reality we were barely even friends.

She ain't know my real name and vice versa. But I did like her, probably more than I should have.

"I seen her with Diesel a few days ago," he muttered, turning left to walk off to class. We had the same classes so I followed him, confused.

"Word?" Diesel was my nigga, ain't no way in hell he would do that shit to me. Shit, he was my best friend along with Bash. Surely Bash wouldn't make this shit up to drive a wedge between me and Diesel, right?

"What were they doing?"

He slid down into his desk and I sat down in front of him, turning around to hear him explain what he saw.