Chapter 39

I stand in shock looking at my mentors. These two used me and I never saw it coming. I feel my hands clenching into fists. These 2 are the reason my parents and Johnny are dead. They just stand there smirking.

"HOW COULD YOU!! I TRUSTED YOU!!" I yell. Cato comes up behind me and holds me back. He has a evil look on his face as well. I know the only reason he's doing this is to prevent me from killing them. A crowd has gathered. Cato's parents and his brother Chris stand by my sister Hazel, Cassi, James, Prim, and Reiner.

"Clove, Clove, Clove. You think we would ever stand by a midget who got lucky by winning the games? We might not live much longer but were the ones who blew up the train years ago. All of your injuries have been caused by us. The deal is set in stone and this is the..." Enobaria's voice is cut off by a knife sliding across her throat, ripping it open. She falls to the ground dead. I look behind me and see Cassi holding another knife. She flings it at Brutus and it slices his neck open. He falls to the ground dead.

Cato releases me and I brush the dirt off my tank top. I look around and everybody is still in shock. I walk back inside my house and I sit in a chair. I am beyond confused from what Enobaria said before Cassi killed her.

"The Deal Is Set In Stone.." What does she mean? I know it has something to do with Miranda and Sara. I hear footsteps coming down the steps. I ignore it until my daughter stands beside me.

"Mom, what happened?" She asks me. I look at her for a second and I look away.

"It's nothing Mira, it's nothing." I answer. She nods and kisses me on my cheek. I turn and look at her. She climbs into the chair with me and snuggles aganist my chest like she did when she was a baby.

"I love you Mom." She says. I run my hand through her hair. I smile and hold her close. I kiss the top of her forehead.

"I love you too Mira." I say as Cato walks in. He sees Mira sleeping in my lap and he smiles. He walks over and sits across from me.

"well, isn't this a great sight. my 2 girls again." Cato says making me smile heavily. He takes Mira from me and places her on the couch. Cato goes and motions for me to come upstairs. I follow him up the steps and he pulls me into our bedroom. I sit on the bed and massages my shoulders.

I smile and then my smile goes away. I can't think of anything else but what Enobaria said. Cato notices my face and he looks at me.

"Clover, what's wrong?" He asks.

"It's what Enobaria said. I have a bad feeling about something." All of a sudden I hear a scream from downstairs. It's Mira. I hop off the head and rush down the stairs. She's staring at the TV screen and it's Sara Snow, at the capitol square.

"Citizens of Panem, usually a special Hunger Games is only at the 25th anniversary but I think the games needed some suspense, some action, and some new excitement. So, this year, for the 85th Annual Hunger Games, the tributes will be reaped from the exsisting pool of Victors. However, since District 12 has no victors, we have pre reaped that district. Primrose Everdeen and Gale Hawthorne will represent District 12. That is all and may the odds be ever in your favor."

The screen cuts to black and I lose my balance. I hit the floor and I lay there. I now know what Enobaria meant earlier. The deal that was set in stone was to send all of the remaining District 2 victors into the Arena. Cato, Prim, and myself. Mira is crying her eyes out on the couch. Braden is crying at the bottom of the steps.

Cato wraps his arms around me. I push him off and I stand up and I grab my double bladed knife and I jam it into the wall as hard as I can.

Today Is The Start Of A New Panem, Today Is The Day That Sara Goes Down.