Chapter 44

My eyes flutter open and I'm laying in my bed back in the Distict 2 apartment. I look down and my hands are cuffed together. Cato is asleep next to me. I wonder what my future holds. I usually don't rash out like I did to Miranda. The simple reason for it was I just snapped. All of this stuff has gone to my head.\

The cuffs on my wrists are tight. Knowing Cato, He probably applied these to me just for safety reasons. The door opens and I see my stylist, Furling, walk in the room. He is wearing a tank top and his shoulder is wrapped with bandage.

I sit up in the bed and sling my legs over the bed. I stand up and walk over to him. He hugs me and my wrists clank together cause of the metal cuffs. I back off and he looks at me with a stern look. I look back at him.

"Clove, you know you're like a daughter to me. So, I'm asking this as a concerned friend. What happened?" He asks with a serious tone.

"Furling, I just snapped, simple as that. I've had all I can take from Sara and her daughter." I nod as I end my sentence and he looks at me.

"So, I'm under orders from Sara and her head peacekeeper Amelia to have you restrained until you get on the hovercraft. Come with Me, Clove." He says as he leads me out of the room and into another room in the apartment. I see my tribute outfit.

A black wetsuit with red blood stains on the right side and the right leg. My boots are pitch black with blood stains on them. I look at the outfit and smile at the design. It represents these games perfectly. Sara and her stupid creation.

"Did you design these?" I ask. He chuckles and smiles.

"I wish Clove, these were Sara's creation. No surprise, huh?" I giggle a little and he looks at me.

"So I guess you have to dress me cause according to Sara I'm unstable?" I say as he raises my cuffed arms.

"Yeah, Kinda." Furling says as he pulls the shirt over my head. I stand there as he slips off my shorts as I stand there half-bare. I blush a little bit and he chuckles.

"Come on, Clove. I've seen you bare so many times. This is nothing." He says as he pulls on the wetsuit. I laugh as he pulls it over my shoulders and zips it up from the back. My hands rest in front of me still linked together by the metal cuffs.

He pulls on the boots and double knots them together. I stand up with his help. He leads me out of the room and Cato is there smiling at me. Furling leaves the apartment. I will see him one more time before I enter the Arena for a third time.

Cato grabs the hook of my arm and leads me up to the roof. I see a hovercraft waiting on the roof of the building. I see Amelia and Sara standing in front of the entrance. Sara is shooting daggers my way. I shoot some right back at her. Cato and I walk towards them. Amelia leads Cato on the craft and I'm left alone with Sara.

"You know if wasn't for the games, you would be getting executed right now." She snaps as she uncuffs my wrists. I stay silent and give her a wink as I board the hovercraft. I take a seat next to Cato. The crazy needle women injects the tracker in my arm.

The Hovercraft takes air and leads us to the catacombs underneath the arena. Amelia and her assistant peacekeeper, Edge as he is called arund the capitol, leads me to a door. They open it and push me in with force. I hear the door shut behind me.

Furling stands in front of me and he walks over to me and pins something on my sleeve. It's a diamond replica of Johnny's Amulet with the number 2 inscribed in it.

"I had this made for you. Honor him and end her reign." He says. I walk over to the tube and walk in. The tube encloses me and Furling waves. The tube makes it's desent upward. A flash of light and I look around. All of the games arena's have been combined into one.

The ruins of the 3rd quell, the woods of the 74th, a ocean in front of me from the 80th, and then I look up. The huge Volcano from last years games which didn't have a victor cause the Lava killed everybody. Sara was to make sure I didn't get out alive.

The countdown continues and it hits 0. I dive into the water as I hear Cladius Templemsith's voice boom through the arena.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LET THE RENEGADE GAMES BEGIN!"