Chapter 1

• Dedicated to ALL OF MY WONDERFUL FANS

I wake up and my sister hazel is yelling at my older brother Johnny. Ever since Cato and I got back from the Capitol, that's all they have been doing. I am in so much pain from the hunger games. My back hurts so much it's not even funny. I get up and I march downstairs.

I get downstairs and there still yelling. I swear if they wake mom and dad up there going to kill us, I stomp my foot and they turn towards me. I then start yelling at the both of them. " will you two please shut up. I'm trying to get some rest but I can't because of you two. Geez!"

I thn charge at hazel and tackle her to the ground and pin her arms behind her back. I'm about to punch her in the face and then I hear a sound behind me. I look and see that Johnny is in front of me. I think to myself I am in so much trouble.

My dad then says," Clove Verona Kemmings! What are you doing?!" I get off hazel and my mom grabs me by my super long hair. "owwwwwwwwwwwww!" My mom then says," clove apologize to your sister, now!" I turn to hazel and say," I'm sorry for attacking you." she then returns my apology with a slap to a face.

"okay, I kinda deserved that one." I then turn to my mom and ask," can I go over to cato's later?" my mom says yes and I go upstairs to get ready. I get in the shower and the warm water feels so good on my aching body. I get out of the shower and I put on a red silky dress and red flats. I put my hair in a braid and I walk downstairs.

I walk out the door and I see Cato picking out flowers beside his house. I come up behind me and jump on his back. He automatically knows its me. He runs around the victor's village twice. I jump down and he plants a kiss right on my lips.

We then start making out and we stop after about 3 minutes. He then tells me," my entire family will be gone tonight. Want to come over?" I think that's a little weird because my family is going somewhere too. I respond sure.

His family then leaves and so does mine. He cooks me a romantic dinner and I love it. I swear Cato is the best man for me. I couldn't imagine being with anybody else. After we eat he takes me to his room and he shows me the plaque that the mayor made him. I tell him that I have one just like it.

He then drags me onto his bed and we start making out on the bed. I can tell where this is going to lead but we have been dating for 4 years so I think it's time. He then starts to take his shirt off and I take my dress off. Everything then goes wild after that.