15. Not Now, Hormones!

I parked my bright red Jeep in the school parking lot, feeling like a champion. Just like that Selena Gomez song, "walk like a champion, talk like a champion." It'd been the first time I could show Didi, my car, off to the whole school. She was so beautiful, and shiny, and I just couldn't handle it. Talon was of course mad at me for ditching the bus, where we hung out all the time. He has his license and a car, he just goes on the bus to be with me because I'm always alone and my mom is at work.

I made sure to flaunt myself as I got out of the car, so all of the popular jerks could see that I most likely had a better car than them. They deserved it for how terrible they were to those who weren't "popular". Personally, I think of them as lucky people who don't have to deal with bullshit. I praise them for their intelligence.

It was back to being sunny down here now, and I was glad. This cold weather just wasn't working for me. Definitely not for my closet, either. I was used to sunny days, and going to the beach all the time.

All this distracting conversation I was having in my head, It was to cover the excitement of seeing Brendon. We hadn't talked since the night we kissed, and every time I thought about it I could feel the man on the tightrope in my stomach, walking across, miles high above the ground.

I wanted more of it. More of his sweet, sweet lips. My feelings had blossomed over this fact. I was smiling all the time now, I felt no negativity at all. I wanted this with him.

And even when I ran into the guy I wanted to see the least, I still felt happy.

"Lily, c-can we talk?" Trevor itched his brown haired head and stared at the ground.

"I'm not sure what you're expecting, maybe something like 'new year, new me' but that's not how this works. I don't want you in my life. Our fling was forever ago, just let it go."

"But this is for the purpose of your safety. I really don't want you to get hurt again, and I know I did that but really. I'm different now, and I want to protect your feelings─"

"Bullshit." I flashed him a smile and pushed past him. That was fairly easy.

He called for me a few more times, but I just ignored him. You know, he really is a piece of shit. I wish I could step on him.

Maybe that was too far, what ya gonna do about it?

I sat down in my seat in first period, Ciara sitting next to me, and Brendon had resorted to sitting on the opposite side of me as well.

But today was weird. I was waiting for him to walk in, my excitement bubbling every time the door opened and much to my dismay, it never being him. Not until Mr. Brown had started handing back tests from before the break did he walk in.

"Sorry I'm late, Mr. Brown."

Oh, his voice. It's like music to my ears.

Forget what I said at the beginning of the school year, I sure as hell am an animal.

"That's your fifth time this year," Mr. Brown said frustrated.

"False. It's my first, it's 2016." Brendon played.

"Haha, very funny. One more little stunt like that and it's detention," Mr. Brown threatened.

Brendon's smirk vanished, and he ducked his head in defeat.

I was discretely watching him, to make sure he sat by me. We could talk more.

But he walked right past his desk, to one in the back. I felt my heart sink a bit, and there was a pouty expression on my face. Why wouldn't he sit by me? He doesn't think it will be awkward, does he? Because it won't. I'm not going to go in for the whole dating talk at first. That would make me look desperate, and that's not the image I'm trying to go for.