Chapter XX

*later that day*

Author's P.O.V

"Mommy where are we going?"

Bambii sighed and closed her eyes. "We're just gonna... take a vacation for a while".

She packed the last of Laya's things. Laya sat on Bambii's bed, watching her mother frantically grab anything she could and stuff it into a bag. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew it was best not to ask and pressure Bambii. So she sat and watched, confusion in her eyes.

Bambii kneeled down in front of Laya and took her small hand into hers.

"Baby, you know that daddy still loves you, and I promise that'll never change. But, right now, mommy and daddy just aren't working out."

Laya looked at her mother with sad eyes. "What happened?"

"...Daddy really hurt mommy. And... now we just have to go before he does it again".

Laya only nodded and kissed Bambii's forehead. She smiled and helped Laya off the bed before grabbing their bags that layed at the foot of the bed. "Go get your coat and your shoes and wait for mommy at the door baby". Laya shook her head and went off into the hallway.

Tori soon came into the room, looking for Bambii. "Did you want me to take her now?"

Bambii turned to her. "Yea, I just I have to do something before we go".

Tori nodded and went off to get Laya and get her settled in the car.

Bambii ran her fingers through her hair and looked around the room. Apart of her was scared to leave, and another part didn't want to leave at all. But she knew things with Larry would only get worse if she stayed.

She stood her suitcase up on its wheels and rolled it out into the hallways. She stacked her black and white duffel bag on top of it and grabbed her purse. She made sure to turn off all of the room lights before she walked out into the living room. But the light in her guest bedroom was off, which was odd because she was sure she turned it off.

She rolled her suitcase out into the living room, only to find it completely dark.

"Laya", she called out.

She looked further out into the darkness. "Tori?"

She walked back down the hallways and into the guest bedroom. She saw the lamp still on and went to turn it off. When her hands caught the silver cord, before she could pull...

"Where you think you goin?"

His deep dark voice could scare away a whole church of people. Bambii froze and her chest tightened. She slowly turned her body around to see him leaned against the door frame.

"I-I was just going to s-see Tor-"

"You don't need a passport for that".

He held up the two blue booklets Bambi had for her and Laya.

"Larry I-"

"So you wanna leave?" He shook his head and threw the passports at her. He closed the door. "You wanna leave me", he said in a low tone as he locked it.

Bambii started to shake and cry under her breath. "No", she whispered.

Larry took his many rings off and placed them on the dresser beside him. Bambii watched him tense up and crack his neck.

"Larry, get out", she pointed to the door.

"Make me".

"Please just go", she cried. He only chuckled and looked at her.

Before she could stop him, he lunged at her and grabbed her neck. She gasped for air as he pinned her to the wall. "You like making me mad, don't you!" His loud angry voice startled her. She couldn't breathe. She tried smushing his face with her hand, but his grip only tightened.

"Larryy, ple-eease", she screamed breathlessly. 

"I own you! You're not leaving me!"

He threw her onto the bed and unbuckled his belt. Bambii tried crawling away but he pulled her leg back. He laid on top of her, rubbing her body up and down. Bambii felt her tears streaming her cheeks.

He reached his hands into her pants...

I gasped for air. Every layer of my body was drenched in sweat. I looked around the room, darkness taking over my vision. My heartbeat raced fast and the blood circulating my body pumped hard. My chest heaved up and down at a fast pace. There was a wet spot beneath me, I knew it was from how much I'd sweated in my sleep.

My feet hit the ground and I moved the hair out of my face. I walked out into the hallway and stumbled to get to Laya's room.

I peaked my head through the door way to find her peacefully asleep with a stuffed animal in her arms. I still breathed hard, but I managed to slow it down.

I walked out into the living room and lowered myself onto the couch. I put my head in my hands and ran my fingers through my scalp. I shifted some hair onto the other side as I grabbed my phone from the coffee table.

I scanned through my contacts until I came across the one I had been looking for.

You can do this, I told myself.

"Hey Larry, um, I know it's late, and I know it's been a while, but I really do miss you. I... love you so much. I've just been... going crazy and out of my mind. I-I dream that you're here and lately... it's gotten worse. I dream that you hurt me and you were leaving again. I need you here with me. I feel like... my heart is gonna explode. Without you here, everything is just...  a mess. I'm a wreck. I haven't had a good night's sleep in forever. Please, baby, just come back. Wherever you are, just come back... please."

A/N: What do you guys think is going on? If you're confused, good, I want you to be.