Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me from the monster that chased me. I wasn’t sure how I got there but right after I blacked out, I found myself in the burning village where I had witnessed the massacre. I had looked everywhere for the man in charge of the whole thing but he was nowhere to be found. The next thing I knew was that I was chased into the woods by a hairless monster covered in leather armour. Its crazy maniacal laughter vibrated through the whole forest.

“Someone please help me!” I cried.

“Run while you still can little girl, but we’ll always find you,” it hissed.

Then out of nowhere, the monster tackled me and pinned me to the ground. It started clawing at me all the while continuing to laugh maniacally. I screamed in pain as I felt every claw dig deep into my flesh only to rip it out.

“We’ll always find you!”

                                                          •••

“Leah wake up!”

My scream rang through the room as I flung my arms around wildly.

“No, get away from me! Aaaaahhhh!!” I screamed.

“Leah, stop! It’s just a nightmare!”

My eyes flew open and I finally stopped moving. I was drenched in sweat and my whole body was electrified. I stared wild-eyed at Erick who loosened his grip on my arms. It felt so real…Everything felt so real…the pain felt so real…

  My whole body quivered in fear and I wanted nothing better than to cry but the tears wouldn’t come out. Erick stared at me with so much concern that it seemed so unreal.

“Leah please calm down,” he begged as he rubbed my arms gently to warm them.

“I…I can’t…It’s out there somewhere…It’s gonna get me!”

“Calm down Leah, what’s gonna get you?” he questioned, his hands now cupping my face as I hugged myself.

I couldn’t answer him. I wasn’t really sure what was out to get me either. All I knew was that something was out there somewhere and I felt it…

Erick furrowed his brows and pushed a stray strand of hair that was stuck to my face by sweat, behind my ear.

“Alright Leah, calm down. There’s nothing out there that’s gonna get you. Don’t worry you’re in safe hands,” he soothed.

Then his hands started to feel cold against my cheeks and from the corners of my eyes I saw them start to glow a luminous light blue. The comforting coldness washed over me and my vision started to blur. A second later, I had drifted off into a dreamless sleep…

-Erick P.O.V-

After the monster had been defeated, Leah went into unconsciousness. I had teleported her back to her room together with Conscerion with the little energy that I had left and then teleported back to her school to perform a massive memory sweep on all of the students. It took everything that was left in me to teleport back to Leah’s room and when I did I was close to blacking out as well but I couldn’t leave Leah in her current state because if I did, the power she absorbed would take control of her because she’s not in control of it…

“Erick, please rest before you extract the power from her. If you don’t, it’ll take you out too!” Conscerion warned as he sat next to Leah’s almost lifeless body. She looked so pale and vulnerable that it amazed me how she was actually capable of doing something so big without any proper training or knowledge on what to do and what it could do to her… No matter how much I hated to say it, she saved my life by risking her own. It was only fair that I did the same.