Chapter 20

Hey guys just a little heads up~ The Guardians is about to end :D 4 more chapters if everything goes according to plan~ Oh but don't worry The Guardians is actually the first book. It was intended to but just one book but then I realised that at the rate I was going I would have like a hundred chapters or something xD so I decided to spilt em up into three parts :D or maybe it might be just two…I'm not sure yet because I haven't written the second book yet xD but I do know what the title of the second book would be! It would be : The Book Of Aestial :D haha I'm bad at making titles I know xD But basicly I named it that because it would be more focused around the book of Aestial itself, people will actually start dying, things will start to go haywire in both worlds so Leah and the Guardians would be moving to and fro Aestial and Earth so yea :D It'll be fun :D I hope you guys will look forward to it as much as I am looking forward to writing it~ :D Anyways let's get on to what you guys came here for!

Chapter 20

Leah's P.O.V

After the 'tour' Ash gave me, we went back to the 'throne room'. It was only the two of us then, because he sent his minion away to help the others. It turns out that that monster that had been chasing after me was his Chief in command and went by the name Rogner. He wasn't the strongest monster out there but he was the most loyal and was the first monster that Ash ever took under his wing. He came about when someone wrote in the book that he or she wanted all the rodents that were at their village to disappear. 10 creatures like Rogner materialised the same time the rodents all vanished. 9 of them were found and killed. Rogner was the only one left.

Ash also warned me that although Rogner was loyal, he was still very…unstable. If he wasn't around to watch him, Rogner would just let lose and go crazy. I understood exactly what he meant when I recalled how Rogner behaved at the car park.

As we walked into the grim room, I noticed that a black velvet baroque  settee was placed in the centre of the room. It wasn't there before I so wondered if someone had brought it in earlier or if we were even in the same room. I mean the castle was huge. Ash told me to sit on it while he proceeded to take his seat back in the throne. He rested his head on his hand like he did before and just stared at me. I tried my best not to squirm under his gaze but I had no idea where to place my eyes. First I looked to the floor and then to my left then back to the floor again. Silence clung to the air and made me feel really uncomfortable. What do I do now?

"Uhm…What are we doing?" I asked just to break the silence.

"Waiting."

"Waiting for?"

Just as I finished that, the double doors burst open.

"Ash Decayn! We should've known you were behind this! Where's Leah and the fairy princess?!"

I took a sharp breath in. That was Blaine's voice! I saw Blaine smile and raise his eyebrows at me. I took that as my cue to stand up and turn around to face them.

I couldn't believe it, in front of me, standing by the door in attack stances were my friends! They came to rescue me! Tears welled up in my eyes as they moved from Blaine to Leo to Aiden and then to Conscerion. I noticed that on Conscerion was a small glowing sphere. When I looked more closely I realised that it was Blaze! Rose's friend!  Then I saw an unfamiliar figure. At the far right was a woman who looked to be the same age as Blaine. She wore a circlet on her head that was partially covered by her long, curly, dark brown hair. She was covered in a red cloak with a hood. I knew it had a hood because she took it down when she saw me. She gave me a reassuring smile and slowly bowed her head to me. I bowed my head in return. I was just about to speak when I heard footsteps echoing in the hall. A few seconds later , Erick entered the room. Without realising it, I backed away.