Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I opened my eyes to find myself standing alone under a tree. I tried to remember what I was doing there and how I managed to escape the horrors of the haunted house by myself but I couldn’t remember a thing. I felt that there were more gaps in my memory but it’s hard trying to recall something when you’re not even sure what you’re trying to recall.

“Leah there you are! What are you doing here? How’d you get out? Did you know that I searched the whole place for you?” Aiden shouted as he jogged up to me. A flash of the wall shutting behind Aiden in the haunted house suddenly appeared in my head. Simultaneously my head started to ache and I felt faint. The gem in my bracelet twinkled for a quick second that I wasn’t sure if it even really did twinkle but after it did, my headache went away as quickly as it came though I still felt faint.

I told Aiden that I was tired, which was probably true, after all we had been out the whole day, and that I wanted to go home. He brought me home without a fuss and at my doorstep told me that he had a great time. He even kept the goodbye short , insisting that I needed my rest which honestly saying, I really appreciated from him.

I headed up to my room after greeting my mom goodnight and the moment I entered my room I felt weird. I didn’t know why or what it was but I felt that I was missing something. Like a great part of me had disappeared. Without reason, I walked up to my mirror and touched it. A part of me expected something to happen though I wasn’t sure what. Everything felt weird and out of place. I was confused but I didn’t know why. I felt the cool surface of the mirror on my finger tips and for some unknown reason, tears started falling from my eyes. I quickly wiped them away and tried my best to stop crying but I couldn’t. I stepped away from the mirror and curled up into a ball on my bed. Even then, the tears didn’t stop. I suddenly felt extremely alone and abandoned but again, I wasn’t sure why…

-Erick’s P.O.V-

“How could you do that?! As if leaving her behind wasn’t bad enough, you had to take her memory away too?!” Conscerion shouted as he paced back and forth infront of me.

I had placed the book in Blaine’s place the moment we got back as planned and thought that I could finally rest but I guess Conscerion had other plans.

“It was supposed to help her. I did it for her sake,” I said calmly as I looked up at the three moons. I kissed Leah before leaving so that I could erase all her memorise of us and out world with the intention of making her cope with the goodbye easier.

“Don’t you think she’d want to remember us?!”

I turned to stare at Conscerion and sighed.

“Conscerion I know you’re upset but it’s best that you forget about her. We were never meant to have met her anyways. Eventually she would have forgotten us after going back to her normal life and what I did just sped up that process. Would you rather she stay up all night thinking about two people she will never see again? That is of course given that she would actually do something like that. I know it’s hard but you’ve gotta let her go. You haven’t known her for long anyways so just give it a few days before you get over it.”

Conscerion fell silent and his ears dropped down.

“You’re right…But I guess I wanted her to remember me…I didn’t want to be forgotten,” he muttered.

I turned to look up at the sky again. Truth be told, a part of me didn’t want her to forget me either…

                                                          •••