Chapter 17

Hey guys! :D hope you're enjoying the story as it is so far :D Here's the 17th chapter of The Guardians :D Hope you like it :D Tell me what you think kay! xD

Chapter 17

I looked to Rose and shook my head.  I wanted to tell her that I had no idea what the monster was talking about but I never got the chance. The monster grabbed the foot stool on his right and threw it at Rose, distracting her, and then pounced on Rose before she had time to look back at the monster after dodging the stool. In one quick move, the monster sliced Rose 's side with his sharp claws, tearing out part of her flesh. Rose let out an ear piercing scream as blood gushed out of her wound. Then the monster grabbed her by the hair and threw her to me with one hand. I tried my best to catch her but fell at the moment's impact. I ripped out part of my dress and tried to use it to cover the wound, applying pressure to it at the same time. But it was no use, the wound was too big and too deep, the blood didn't stop running no matter what I did. I soon realised that my hands were trembling so much I couldn't apply much pressure to the wound either.

"No, no, no, Rose please stay with me. Don't give up alright. J-just apply pressure here," I cooed as I placed her hand over the ripped, blood soaked cloth.

Her face was becoming pale and her hands were losing their warmth. Something was wrong. Someone should've heard that scream and come running our way immediately! The monster grabbed me by the arm and forced me up to my feet, away from Rose. He began dragging me away but I resisted as much as I could. I knew it was futile but I had to try something. I couldn't leave Rose do die!

"We can't just leave her!" I finally screamed, forcing myself to look into the eyes of the monster. It had run black again. It was like staring into a black abyss. Cold and heartless. I swallowed, an attempt to conjure up some composure and courage.

"I-I'll go with you quietly but you have to get her some help."

The monster flashed his jagged sharp yellow teeth and released his foul breath upon me in an attempt to smile. He unhanded me and threw his head back in another cackle.

"Well you can't get any help here princess! Everyone's sleeping! And those who aren't? Well they're dead! Just take her with us then! I think she'll make it. Maybe."

 The monster laughed hysterically as if what he just said was the funniest thing in the world.  He then went over to Rose and violently picked her up and carried her over his shoulder and then grabbed my by the arm again. He said something about hurrying so that we wouldn't be late.  We made our way through the palace and all around were bodies scattered all over the floor. I wasn't sure who was dead and who was sleeping but that occupy my mind as much as it should've. I was all too aware of every drop of blood that fell onto the floor from Rose's wound and how her breathing was getting more slow and shallow.

When we were out of the palace, the FairyKingdom and its portals, the monster instantly grew back to his original size. He transferred us into a clear glass vile probably only a little bigger than the vile my potion was in.  Before he tucked the vile into one of his pockets, I looked at the sun and noticed a black  carriage attached to two black horses. From where the sun was, I figured that it was still early in the morning. All I had to do was last the day. Come night fall I would be back to normal size and I would be able to break out of this vile. Hopefully by then we would have already reached our destination and would be left unattended at a table somewhere…

After the monster tucked us into one of his pockets, I went over to Rose and checked on how she was doing. Her skin ice cold to the touch. She had lost too much blood and didn't have much time left. Hot tears pricked my eyes but I fought them back and smiled at Rose.