8: Death & Honey

~Notes from the author~
This one's a long'un too, so strap in and grab some popcorn or something.
Thanks for sticking with me and my silly story. I hope you're enjoying the story as much as I am writing it.
ENJOY ✌
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your research entailed mostly of using a popular search engine and sifting through the questionable websites it yielded. They were mostly tacky looking websites that advertised clairvoyants and mediums. You were able to find a few reliable sources of information, you even searched for "thosegiftedfreaks[dot]com" but sadly it brought up nothing. You took a break after a few hours, made yourself a sandwich and read over your notes. The word anchor and trigger came up a lot. A couple websites mentioned that creating one of each that is personal to you and related to your own experiences may help to develop psychic abilities. The anchor would work on keeping you grounded afterwards and giving you less of a beating when performing your gift, whilst the trigger would somehow bring an episode to the surface. The trigger will give you more control as to when the episodes would occur. You finished your meal and decided to look into somehow blocking out Kilgrave's commands. Blocking out mind control abilities using psychic gifts is a pretty specific subject to search for. Even though the researching side of things was kind of a drag, you were also motivated to be a better part of Kilgrave's team.

You were slightly worried at the same time; whether you weren't really meant to see the future. No one else does, and maybe being able to see something happen before it actually does may do more bad than good. A thought creeped up in the back of your mind; what if this path I take with my ability, is one that will only bring destruction and chaos? What if this gift is actually a curse?

Just then, your phone started to ring. Caller: Kilgrave. You answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello you. Are you studying hard?" He said mockingly. You'd be a bit annoyed if it wasn't for his accent.

"Yes. I've got some interesting stuff actually that might enhance my powers."

"That's fantastic! Soon we'll be able to go wherever and do what we want, when we want to. Now I must warn you before-hand, there will probably be consequences, but that's where your gift comes in." You could feel his excitement through the phone.

"Right." You brush off his last statement and continue, "I need to speak to you about Jessica -"

"Jones? What about her?"

"She doesn't give up does she?" You laugh.

"What's she done?"

"She keeps warning me to stop seeing you and to stay away."

"You're not going to listen to her are you?" Kilgrave's tone was firm.

"Of course not."

"That's my girl!" Hearing Kilgrave's voice say those words and so close to your ear made you blush a bit. You both paused and you smiled. "I've got an idea..." His voice got deep and sexy. Like he was telling you a dirty secret. "Stay there I'm coming over."

"What? Why?" He'd hung up before you replied and you sighed from annoyance. You jumped off your bed and untied your hair that had been drying. It fell down messily. You tried to correct it in your mirror. You did what you could and it didn't look that bad, tying it up when it was damp styled it while it dried. It had some volume and a slight curl at the ends. You pulled on some jeans to replace your sweatpants, and placed your laptop and phone down on the coffee table in the living room. You glanced up at your large windows. I should really invest in some blinds or something. You grabbed a bottle from the fridge and poured yourself a glass of what was left of your champagne your parents bought you. They bought it as a good luck present for beginning a new part of your life in a new place. You reminisced and slumped down onto your comfy couch. After turning on the TV you flicked through the channels to find anything interesting. You looked over at the window to appreciate the beauty of the city. It's so pretty at night and your windows provided a very decent view. You sipped your flat champagne that was more like wine at this point but you didn't care, and settled on a comedy panel show that you enjoy. You lifted your legs up onto the couch to get comfortable.