Rant

So... I saw this artist I really admire on Instagram (meotashi), and she was telling us how her teacher says anime/manga style isn't art.
Like, WHAT?!
So I found one of her anime drawing, turned to my mom, and asked if it was art. And she sat there, looking at it, and said no.
WHATTTTTT?!?!
She said it's all cookie cutter, and that shouldn't be considered art. This is the same person who bought me how to draw manga books. She says she looked through them and all the designs are the same yada yada yada.
I'm about to cry right now, because I've spent a lot of time and effort on MY anime/manga style art, and then for my mom to just say she doesn't consider it art just makes me 100000000x less confidence in my art than I had beeb before(which I already wasn't very confident in my art). I really don't know what to do, because I realize a lot of other people probably feel the same way. What should I draw now if it's not ponies (oh by the way that's not art either according to my mom) or anime/manga? Like I know I can draw cats but I don't even if she'll think that's art. I suck at abstract, I suck at realistic, I don't want to do flowers/landscape, and I guess I can do people in another style, but it'll be really really hard... I guess I'm really not talented then...