24. Things change

The girls stayed in the cold bus in the middle of the car park, christmas was coming soon so it was normal that it started to snow.

They were bonding, no one was yelling or complaining, they were listening to each other.

Everyone finished talking, it was Aubrey's turn to talk to them about their set.

"We keep staying in second place girls. Dont think i dont like spending time with you all, i just think bonding wont help us to win the ICCA this year."

"or ever." CR muttered.

"Aca-scuse me?" Aubrey wasnt going to let that slip. She wanted to know what dd she mean.

"I mean the trebles never sing the same song and the crowd love them, y'know. Maybe we should try to change a bit." CR explained.

Stacie nodded her head, she was the first one to agree with CR, more heads started to nod.

"Then tell me how do you want to change the set, huh?" The blonde challenged her.

Beca hid her head in between her shoulders, avoiding everybody's eyes, but Aubrey saw how everybody's eyes landed on Beca.

"She isnt the captain." Aubrey stated trying to make her point.

"so?" Lilly surprisingly said. "her arrangement today saved our asses."

The fact that Lilly talked to defend Beca caused Aubrey to question herself, she wasnt going to give the pitch pipe that easy.

"okay." Aubrey said, Beca's head shot up, looking at Aubrey with wide eyes. "Only if..."

There she goes Beca thought going back to her position with her head on her hands. "She beats me righ here and right now in a Riff off."

There were no way in hell Beca was going to win, Aubrey dared her to beat her because she knew Beca never sang in a Riff off. What chance did Beca had?

Aubrey stood up, extending her hand to the shorter brunette. Beca grabbed it and stood up, following Aubrey out of the bus.

Stacie quickly ran behind Beca and explained the game fast.

Aubrey turned around, her green eyes meeting Beca's deep blue ones. "No category. You just use a song that works. Im gonna let you start."

Somehow, Beca didnt feel scared to sing in front of these girls she actually felt, confidence. It was weird yet new for her.

"Give me a letter." Her mind was in blank.

"G?" Aubrey said.

"Hum, okay." She searched for a song that started with G. And she found it. It was old but started with G, worked for Beca.

" Guess it's true
I'm not good at a one night stand
But I still need love
'Cause I'm just a man.
These nights never seem to
Go to plan."

Chloe couldnt believe she actually forgot how beautiful Beca's voice was.

"I don't want you to leave
Will you hold my hand?
Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me
Why am I so emotional?
No, it's not a good look
Need some self control
And deep...-