14

Levi's pov

I'm waiting in the waiting room for Eren get permission to go home, as look around I see a lot of new cadets crying over lost loved ones. I see Jean crying outside of a room and I go over forgetting about today was a year after his friend Marco had passed. I sit next to him
"Hey, I saw you were alone so I thought I'd come comfort you." I said
"Oh, well thanks sir but I don't wanna talk about it. How's Jaeger?" Jean says sniffling.
"He's okay I'm just waiting for the doctors to say he is okay to go home."
"Cool."

A nurse comes into the room asking for loved ones for Eren Jaeger. I walk up to her and say that I am the only one.
"How are you two related?" The nurse says.
"Well, I'm his boyfriend."
"That's not good enough we need blood relations."
I huff and walk over to his room
I see that he is struggling I freak out and yell
"Hey what's going on in there!?"
I try to get in but nurses crowd around me and pull me away I fight back yelling a series of different things.
I finally get through and I see Eren is struggling for air and doctors all over him frantically trying to get him stable again. I stay back so I don't interfere, the heart monitor then starts to slow down more every second. It then goes to a thin line to this day I still remember that horrible feeling of my heart dropping into my stomach. I slowly walk over to him and the doctors look at me worried of what I was going to do. I burst into tears and place my head on his chest begging him to wake up as I'm trying to pick my self together people drag me out and won't let me back in.
-one month after-
Eren is still in the hospital but his heart is still very slow and I am slowly realizing that he might never come back to me.
I go to his house and I then start to cry on his bed seeing a note that read...

Dear Levi,
       Thank you so much for being so nice to me and caring as much as you do about me. I guess if you are reading this Mikasa did what I asked but I will never know. I love so much you were my first for everything and for that you will always hold I special place in my heart.
                       Love,
                             Eren