Chapter 9

Samir POV

Right now everyone was sitting at the dinner table having their own little conversation while i set there quietly picking at my food. This why I didn't want to come in the first place. I knew it was going to be like this , it always is.

All of my aunts , uncles , and cousins were here welcoming Micheal home but when i got promoted i barely got a phone call. Its not that I'm not happy to see my brother but they acting like he just came home the military or something.

My mind soon drifted to August , I wonder what he's doing right now and i pray that he's safe.

"What you over there thinking about little sister" Mike said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing I'm just not really feeling to good"

I lied.

"How you been though Mikey ?"

"Pretty good , I got a baby on the way."

"Oh really ?"

I was shocked.

"Why Am I just now hearing about this ?"

"I told mom and Traci. They didn't tell you ?"

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Of course they didn't tell me.

"No it must have slipped their minds."

Like clock work my mother walked in the dinning room with the rest of the food.

"Mom why didn't you tell Samir i was having a baby."

"Child your sister aint been around since she been dealing with that hoodlum boy so I never got around to it."

"What ? What hoodlum boy ?" Micheal asked me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply.

"Go head tell him Samir. Tell your brother how you put some ghetto hoodlum thug before your mother and sister."

By now the whole table was quiet and staring directly at me.

"You did what Samir ?!" Micheal yelled.

I focused my eyes down to my plate. I can't believe she's doing this right now.

You know what i actually can. My mother always loved a audience when it came to trying to embarrass me.

"Answer me Samir Lyrica Jackson ?!"

I still didn't say anything while Micheal continued to yell.

"What you deaf now little girl."

"I didn't put anyone before my mother and sister." I mumbled out.

"Oh so you called me a liar now !" My mother butted in.

"No mommy. I'm just saying maybe you took everything the wrong way."

"I didn't anything the wrong way. Like I said out that thug before your family !"

"Oh now you'll are my family"

My words came out before i could even stop them. They shocked everyone including myself.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean....."

I was cut off by someone's hands slapping me across my face knocking me to the floor.

I looked up while holding my face to see Micheal standing over me in raged. The tears built up in my eyes as i grabbed my purse running to the nearest bathroom.