Chapter 21

Samir POV

I've been staying at August house for a week now and I'm loving every minute of it. While he's at work I do my work and when he's home all we do is lay up under each other. Even though we haven't really talked about what happen with Aaron I know August is there for me. Just by the way he looks at me. I catch him staring at me offend like he's think about something but he never says anything.

Right now I'm making August some lunch since he had to leave without eating. He knows how I feel about him not eating enough. While wrapping up his plate there was a knock at his front door. I wasn't excepting anyone so I don't know who it could be.

Grabbing the knife I was using before off the counter , I gripped it tightly in my hand. I aint stupid I know what type of life my baby lives and I read enough of them Urban books to know his enemies would take me just to get to him.

Since August didn't have a peephole I had to open to front door to see who it was. Whoever was on the other side started banging harder like they was really trying to get in. Making sure my grip was tight enough I slowly unlocked the door then snatched it open ready to stab up whoever.

"What da fuck ?! Sammy put da damn knife down."

I looked and realize it was Trish.

"I'm so sorry girl. I aint really use to being here by myself. Why you aint call and say you were coming."

"My phone dead bitch and put the deadly weapon down and let me in."

I rolled my eyes and laughed while letting her in locking the door behind her.

I followed her into the kitchen seeing her trying unwrap my baby plate.

"No that's not for you Latrisha. That's August's plate."

"Just let me taste it."

"I said no , now don't make me stab you in your booty."

"Whatever but I came over to say you needa get out dis house Honey."

"I would love too but you already know August ain't letting me go nowhere without him. I haven't seen outside in a week beside looking out the window."

"Oh sweetie I know. Dat nigga ain't playing with you. Aaron bitch ass better be watching his back to. He think shit a game."

"No August told me he wasn't going to do anything to him. I made him promise."

Looking over her shoulder at me , Trish just laughed.

"Oh really ? Sammy do you really think a nigga like Aug gonna let dat shit slide. Especially after y'all argued over dat nigga. Bitch please."

"I mean it's really not dat serious."

"Not dat serious ?! Samir are you fucking stupid ? Dat man held a gun to your head and violated you da hell you mean it's not dat serious."

"You're right. It happened to ME ! Not you , not August , and not Corey ME ! Trish it happen to me. So if I say leave it alone just leave it alone."

"Bullshit ! You always do dat Sammy. You always wanna protect everybody else but as soon as something happens to you it's always not dat serious or leave it alone. Fuck no I'm not leaving dis shit alone and I'll be damned if I let August leave it alone. You're so use to dat dysfunctional ass family of yours treating you like shit dat you can't see when people truly care about you."

I just stood there , I come feel the tears forming in my eyes as my leg started to shake.

I'm not mad at Trish , I'm more mad at myself because I do let me relationship with my mother and siblings cloud my judgment on others.