Chapter 6: Sleepless Solitude

"Why can't I take the day off?"I ask Anna.She ignores me as her entire brain was too concentrated on the paper work in front of her.

"Please.."I plead and she sighs annoyingly,looking up to me and finally she speaks up but only to disappointed with her response.

"No."

"B-but today is dad's death anniversary.I promise that I'll work full time for the next two weeks."I suggested; my voice full of hope since I'm desperate enough just to see my father buried under his grave.

"Look Sandy,it's just his death anniversary not the end of the world."Her voice clipped with no emotion.She doesn't care that it's her deceased husband's death anniversary?

"Don't you miss him?"I ask,occupying the chair in front of her desk; from the look on her face I know that I'm starting to annoy her.

"Why should I?He is dead anyway.I won't bother visiting his filthy grave."She states and her words rushed anger towards me.How could she even say that?I ball my hands into fist because of hatred.I can't help it then and my palm comes in contact with her cheek,creating a loud "smack".

"What in the world.."She gasps,surprised by my actions.Even I,myself seemed to be shock.I have never hurt someone physically.

"I-I'm sorry Anna.I didn't mean to,I-I just-"I was cut off with a loud smack on my head and she quickly pushes me to the brown carpet floor;yanking a fist of my hair as I pleaded for her to stop.

"This is my house.This is my territory and you will not hesistate to treat me with respect."She spat at me,her words full of a snake's poisonous venom.

"Do you understand me?"I quickly nodded my head and her hand breaks free,leaving me a high amount of air to exhale.I quickly scramble up from the carpet floor as soon as she was back at her desk; speaking up to me,"You will be needed at the studio so I need you to go there now."

I nod my head in silence,my eyes on the verge of tears.

***

Harry's P.O.V

I walk right in the studio,surprised to see myself alone and only I realize I arrived too early.I shook off my leather jacket,hanging it on a nearby chair and I inwardly sigh; the fact that I don't know what to do.Before I took the decision of leaving,piano keys from somewhere were being played including a faint voice that sang.

This place can't be haunted,right?I thought.I follow the faint singing as my feet carried every ounce of my weight.I came to a halt as I realize it is no ghost that could be haunting me; leaning against the wall and I look closer,only to realize it's a teary eyed Sandy.I watch her voice out the words in the beautifulest way,her finger tips playing the piano gracefully.Her naturally straight hair,curtained her back like a veil and that's when I noticed she is crying her out.

Hey lady,you lady.Cursing at your life.You're a discontented mother and a regimented wife.

I've no doubt you've dreamed about,the things yoy never knew.

But I wish someone would've talked to me like I wanna talk to you.

Ooh,I've been to Georgia and California and,anywhere I could run.

Took the hand of a decent man and we made love in the sun.

But I ran out places and friendly faces,because I had to be free.Hey lady,I've been to paradise but I've never been to me.

As soon as she finished the song,I cleared my throat and she quickly diverts her attention to me.

"How long have you been there?"She asks softly with tear stained cheeks.

"Quite some time."

I walk towards her slowly,my shoes scraping against the tiled floor and I came to a stop when I'm finally in front of her.I sit next to her with no gap between us and I take her hand in mine; from her face I know that she is surprised with the sudden contact.A sad sigh escapes her lips and she rests her head against my right shoulder and we stay there in that position.This is very awkward but I know that she is need of comfort.

"Is there anyway I can cheer you up?"I ask her."Pizza?"I add and a faint giggle escapes her lips.

"Maybe but I don't thi--Oh wait,can I ask you a favor?"She sits up and quickly turns to me with pleading eyes; our fingers still entwined.

"Depends if what it is."I respond.

"I need you to give me a ride."

***

There she sat cross legged in front of her father's grave yard; her face showed no emotion and it's like she is lifeless.

"I miss you..."She whispers; hoping that someone above will hear her.

"Sandy,we still have rehearsal but we can stay here another hour if you like."I said and she quickly stood up,mumbling to me a quiet "Thank you."The both of us walk quietly towards my Range Rover; the long drive was silent but it isn't awkward or uncomfortable.Just comfortable silence that will not bother you.Soon we arrive at the studio and we quickly step out.

"We can grab a quick coffee or something and-"I got cut off with Sandy giving me a bone crushing hug.Her action has surprised me and I gave in,wrapping my arms around her petite body.

No words were needed.