Chapter 4: Take My Hand

A loud squeal escapes my lips as I sit up on bed,feeling the droplets of water stick all over my body.

"It's about time you woke up."

I rub my sleepy eyes together,looking up and only to see Karen with a bored look on her face.Now what the hell would she need from me around 5:00 A.M when there's 100% possibility everyone in the house is still sleeping?

"What?"I yawned,my hand taking the dry area of the blanket and I dry my face gently with it.

"There's no warm water."She responds.I tried arching an eyebrow at her but I'm too tired.Seriously,like who the fuck wakes you just to say there's no warm water?Oh yeah,Karen fucking Roberts.

"And...?"

"Boil me one and bring it to my room.Now!"She demands and I inwardly sigh.I stood up from bed with wobbly legs,slipping on my bunny slippers and I went down stairs carefully to boil her warm water.

As soon as I finished setting up the kettle,I lean against the kitchen counter with crossed arms and waiting for it to get warmer.I lazily glance at the wall clock,seeing that it is still very early.I shake my head,remembering my conversation with Harry two nights ago.

"Well what do you want to talk about then?"He asks me and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know.Equal rights?"I blurt out and I watch his lips curve up into a mischievous smirk.I have nothing against equal rights,I just feel awkward about it because I don't often talk about it with some people.

"What do you think about equal rights?"He asks me again.

"I-I don't know.I think women should have equal rights as men."I tell him.

"Like what?"

I hesitate first before anwering,thinking what to say and then I speak up,"Like showing off their bodies?"

"And?"

"Well if it's a man does a shirtless photo shoot then it's hot or sexy but if it's woman who shows off her breasts then people act like slut-shaming assholes towards them.I think it annoys me because it is sexist and a huge double standard.Plus people shouldn't oversexualize breasts."I stated,not looking at him.

"Did that make sense?I-I'm sorry.I tend to say weird things a lot."I stutter out my words before he spoke up,

"Actually,that made sense."

I snap out of my thoughts,hearing the pot scream and I switch it off.I pour the warm water in a small pail with cold water,turning it into lukewarm.I take it in my hands,heading upstairs to Karen's room.

A small smile crept on to my face as I couldn't get Harry off my mind.

***

Harry's P.O.V

I toss and turn on the hard matress.It's 5:00 A.M and I haven't gotten any rest yet.I don't feel tired at all;not even slight.I stood up from bed,walking barefoot towards the small table and a faint smile crept on my face;seeing the photographs displayed there.

My smile saddens,as my eyes catches a faded photograph of a beautiful woman who I once loved.

Scarlet...

I try hard to prevent tears escaping my eyes,running my fingers through my knotted curls and a sad sigh escapes my plump lips.I couldn't stop blaming myself over and over again.I'm the reason why she's no longer her.I'm mad and disappointed at myself with what happened.It's all your fault Harry,I thought to myself.

I walk inside the bathroom,turning on the sink and splashing my face with warm water.After doing my business in the bathroom,I soon layed back in bed;thinking of Sandy and how I couldn't get her off my mind.

There's something about her.

Strange yet beautiful.....