Chapter 28: Good Times

No one knows, no one knows why.

"Hey, Sam, you friend's back"

"Who friend?" Sam said in confusion, upon arriving school.

"Rose! of course" Hannah said.

"Huh, I thought she would be here before Christmas?" she said, surprised.

She ran towards the huge pile of students. Striving her way to the middle, she saw Rose.

"Rose!" she screamed.

"Sam!" Rose screamed back and pulled her friend from the midst of the mob.

Sam dusted and re-fixed herself after getting squished from the crowd.

"So, hows my old school?" Sam asked cheerfully, looking down at Rose from top to bottom. It seems that she changed a little. Her hair is much shorter than tha last time they met but her eyes are still green as the grass.

"Yeah, people were nice there and I had fun also" she grinned.

To Sam's relief, her friend is still the same old jolly and cheerfull gal.

"So, was there any cute guys there??" one of the girls from the crowd asked.

Some were asking loads of question that Rose can't answer them all at  once.

"I'm having a head ache, just arrived from the airport" She said to Sam, holding her forehead, crigning.

"OK, I'll get you to a quiter place" Sam said, holding her friend by the shoulder.

Hannah, the girl awhile ago, shouted, "WILL YOU ALL PLEASE GO BACK TO YOU CLASSROOMS! LET HER HAVE SOME PEACE FIRST!  After all she just arrived from the airport."

Them all the students dispersed, murmuring and whispering while going back to their classrooms and lockers.

"Sorry about that" the girl apologized.

"It's OK" Rose said, smiling.

Now that the crowd's gone, the two headed for the clinic.

"How come you arrived earlier?" Sam asked.

"Oh, I just want to surprise you guys" she replied.

"Ah,ok" Sam nodded.

"So...you had a haircut??" she asked.

"Yeah, my friends there asked me to and to be surprised, I kinda miss my old plain hair" said Rose.

"So, have you talked to Zach?? I mean, he was affording to see you again"

"Yeah, I did chat with him last week", the tone of her voice and change and her smile dropped into a dull frown.

"OK...?" Sam asked awkwardly.

***

The hallway was filled with noise since most of the students are inside because of the snow outside.Lance ignored them and just head for the class.

"Hey Lance" a voice called, he looked back and it was Rose together with Sam.

"Oh, your back!" he said, smiling.

"Yeah I'm just here for my Christmas Break cause I still have 1 more month to study there" said Rose.

"So, how's Hazel?" she asked.

Lance scratched his head replied, "Didn't you see her yet? Cause I'm sure she would not think twice of getting you from the airport..."

"No, actually, it's a surprise for her"