He's Just A Memory

Imagine:

I sat on the watch perch, carving a piece of wood. I was supposed to be on watch but honestly, nothing bad ever happens to Alexandria. Walkers don't come, people don't attack. It's so peaceful and quiet. I hate it. I'm so used to the adrenaline rush I would get for running to survive. Also, having nothing to do makes me miss my love even more.

I heard someone coming up the latter. "Oh. Hi Valery" I sighed realizing it was my friend. "Hey(Y/N), I need to ask you for advice" Valery said, sitting down next to me. "Okay. Ask away" I sighed.

"So, you had a boyfriend before you came here. Right?" Valery asked, getting comfortable. "Yea, Carl Grimes" I smiled at the sound of his name. "Do you mind me asking what happened to him?" She asked, curiosity peeked. "Um, I really don't like to talk about but let's just say he was bitten and I put him down. He's in a better place now" I told her. "Oh, well I like a guy here. He's in my class. His name is Kyle and I wanted to know. How did you get Carl to like you? Or how did you know he liked you?" She asked.

I smiled at the memory that came to my mind. "Carl never hid his feelings. We were best friends as kids and one day he got shot in the stomach. We luckily found a doctor, Hershel at a farm. He helped Carl back to health. One day, Carl and I were on watch from the top of the barn. I remember the way I felt just sitting next to him. That was when he told me he had a crush on me. We were however to young to know what love was so we waited..." I informed Valery. "And if Kyle doesn't come out and tell you like Carl did. He's not for you" I said. Valery thanked me then walked off, I guess to go tell Kyle about her feelings.

~2 months later~

We were still in Alexandria accept now everyone had jobs to do. I was in the 'main' house as we called it, where everyone got food and supplies. I threw the dirty laundry into the washer when I heard Valery enter. "Hey Val" I said, knowing it was her.

Valery and I met in Alexandria. She was here when I first got here. She was only three years younger than me but she was the only girl besides, Enid. She and I became close because she helped me get acquainted with everyone. Sadly, she never got to meet Carl because he passed before we got here.

"Hey I need some more advice about Kyle." Valery sighed helping me put the wet clothes into the drier. "Oh yeah, you and Kyle have been dating for a couple of month now. What do you need?" I asked, sitting up onto the washer. "I'm nervous about my first kiss I know it's going to happen soon and I want to know, what was your first kiss like?" Valery stated, sitting next to me.

I began my statement "well, my first kiss with Carl happened back at the prison. We were on watch in the tower. We had been dating for exactly 2 weeks and 4 days" I smiled then continued "I was sitting in his lap, playing with his fingers when he kissed the back of my neck. I turned to face him, he leaned in and his lips touched mine. It set off fireworks inside of me and it was so special because it was my first kiss and it was with him. The butterflies in me is what made me know that we were meant to be" I sighed, a grin displayed on my face as the memories of his soft yet chapped lips flowed into my mind. "That's beautiful. Thanks again, (Y/N)" she said before walking out of the back door. I went back to do the laundry.

~1 year later~

I was quietly sitting on the window seat in Alexandria. I was opening up my book and an old picture of Carl and I fell out. I smiled at it. I remember Rick had took it for us. He took it when they got back from a run with a new camera. Carl was holding me on his back as I kissed his cheek. I grinned at the happy memory when Valery walked in.  I put my book down. "Hey Valery. What do you need?" I asked her.

"Well, Kyle and I have been talking lately about maybe having our first time. I want to hear about yours, maybe it will make me feel less nervous" she stated, shyly. I smiled thinking about Valery and Kyle together. They were like a young Carl and I. They were so cute.

"I can't forget about my first time. I dream about it.  It was back when the prison was overrun and Rick, Carl and I found a house in a neighborhood. Rick was passed out and Carl and I went to find some food. We stumbled upon a shed. Carl led me inside and he started to kiss me. I pulled away from him and asked if he'd make love to me. Carl picked me up and laid me down. When it comes to sex, you're never going to be more vulnerable. Carl was so gentle and he kept asking me if I was okay or if he was hurting me. It was such a magical and special moment and I'm glad it was with him. It was also the little things he did like telling me I was beautiful and perfect. Him kissing my body up and down. I will always remember that moment as absolutely perfect. No regrets." I told Valery, beginning to tear up and the memory.

"That's a really nice story, (Y/N)" Valery said. I pulled out a necklace that hid under my shirt. "Carl made me this" I told her, looking at the gold that sat in my fingers. It was a heart with a 'C' inside of it. "That's cute. Carl must've been a good guy" Valery said. "Yea, he was a really good guy. I miss him" I sighed, looking out the window at the sky. Valery rubbed my back soothingly. "But the memories that I have are all wonderful because they involve him" I said.