Chapter 1

I cried for the millionth time last night. I don't know if it's the hormones or the pain of not having Danny with me. I sighed and made my way down the stairs, holding onto the rail to be sure I wouldn't fall. In some sick way I hoped that I would fall because Danny was always there to catch me. But, he's not. Danny is never going to help me again.

Forcing the tears down my throat I go into the kitchen and pull out some strawberries. Even if I have no appetite, I'm 7 months pregnant. I need to be strong for my baby; our baby. I remember all the times Danny would get angry at me for eating all the food he literally just bought then complaining about having to go back to the store. When your pregnant, there is never a limit to eating.

I giggled at the memory and popped another strawberry into my mouth right as my phone rang.

It was my mother.

"Hey sweetie, how you holding up?"

Considering that my husband and best friend of I don't know since I was 5 is dead? I guess I'm good. Sorry, pregnancy hormones.

"I'm holding up. It's hard but I'm trying." I say trying not to break down.

"Surprisingly you are, it's only been a month since the funeral."

Danny was buried a month ago. I kept making remarks to his lifeless body that he was just playing a trick on me like he did in highschool in order for me to hold him tightly. There was this time in 10th grade when Danny got ketchup packets and put them under his shirt and fell face first on the ground to make it seem like he was bleeding and exploded. But Danny, isn't faking it anymore. As much as I hoped it was a prank, he's taking it way too far.

I couldn't even bare it when they lowered him into the ground. It took all of my strength not to open it and go inside with him. We could spend eternity together in that little box. But no. Danny left without me. He left me with a 7 month old baby in my stomach. I don't even know the gender because he wanted to wait and be surprised.

"Leah?"

"Sorry mom, I was just thinking."

"Its quite alright hon."

I spent another 5 minutes listening to mom babble on how I needed to pick myself up for me and the baby. She doesn't know how hard it is. She will never know how hard it is to lose the love of your life and leave this world when he promised that he wouldn't go anywhere without me. But he went somewhere were I can't find him. I can't even reach him. He walks this world no longer. And that's what kills me most.

After saying our goodbyes I hung up and waddled to our or my bedroom and pulled on Danny's Baylor University hoodie. It smells just like him. I lay down on his side of the bed and curl up into a ball and cry my eyes out. I then feel a small kick and look down.

"You miss daddy too don't you?" I rub my stomach softly and continue to talk.

"I know that I miss daddy. And when you're here. I'm sure daddy will be so happy in heaven. That you're going to grow up into something amazing." I let the tears fall down my cheeks.

"Mommy, needs some time but I promise, I promise that I'll get stronger for you. For us. Because that's what daddy would want." Another kick.

"I'll tell you stories about daddy everyday and sing you the songs he liked and everything there is about daddy. So you can know him too." I swear I was in a river already.

"Daddy loves and always will love you. So even when you grow up don't ever forget it and please, if mommy messes up please forgive me. Mommy is going to try her best to make the best life possible for us. I'll always be there for you in times of need. I love you baby." I rub my stomach softly and hum "You Found Me" by the Fray and fall into a sleep surrounded in my own tears.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<•>>>>>>>>>>>>

Indiana Evans as Leah Carter