Chapter 11

"Mom?"

I opened my eyes weakly looking for the voice. Looking for Calvin. I let myself adjust to the sunlight coming through my hospital room and move slowly to sit up.

"Hey mom. I brought you some flowers." Said the now married and has no time for his mother Calvin.

"Where the hell have you been." I pouted. Yes I'm pouting but I can't help it. This loser hasn't come to visit this dying lady.

He averted his eyes away from me.

"What you didn't want to be around when your mother dies?"

"Mom..it's not like that." He looked down at the floor.

"Then tell me Cal. What. I haven't heard from you in months, everyday I've been waiting for my son to walk through that door to come see me because in all honesty; I don't even kno-"

He cuts me off.

"Look. I've been busy okay? I get your sick and in the hospital okay. I know my mother is dying. But do you know what sucks? I have to deal with the fact the most important person in my life is going to leave. Just like that. My mom is leaving me."

"Calvin. Everyone has to leave one day. Mine happened to come early." I calmly stated.

"WHY MOM. WHY COULDN'T YOU TAKE THE CHEMOTHERAPY AND GET THE SURGERY?FOR ALL WE KNOW YOU COULD OF BEEN RECOVERING AND SOON INTO REMISSION. MOST OF MY LIFE IT'S JUST BEEN US. YOU'RE IN SUCH A HURRY TO DIE AND GO MEET DAD THAT YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT YOUR OWN SON. HOW SELFISH CAN YOU BE!" His shouts got louder and louder.

"DAD IS DEAD. MOM HE'S NOT COMING BACK. YOU HAVE A CHANCE AT LIFE. IT'S JUST CANCER. IT CAN BE TREATED." My eyes filled up with tears. But he kept on shouting. "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND. YOU HAVE CHILDREN THAT NEED YOU. A HUSBAND THAT NEEDS YOU. WHY DON'T YOU GET YOUR HEAD OF THE THE MOTHER FUCKING CLOUDS AND THINK!"

I turned away from him and looked down and I looked up almost immediately when hearing a clapping sound.

Carrey slapped him. I looked to the side and saw Trevor with little Annabeth clutched to his side.

Carrey began to speak.

"If you actually came around you dickwad, you would actually know that mom has terminal cancer that already spread from her lungs down. Nothing would be able to change that. Not even chemotherapy. She asked for it once at the beginning but they said it was already so bad that there was no point, so we have been making here as comfortable as possible. So why don't you fucking calm down and realize you just yelled at OUR mother and the hurtful words you judt bestowed on her." Tears were pouring out of her eyes and Trevor came and pulled Carrey into a hug.

Calvin looked down and looked back up at me. "Mom, I -"

I called my nurse. And almost immediately she came in.

"Yes Mrs. How may I be if assistance at the moment?"

"I'd like to go out to the garden. Could you please help me up?"

The nurse grabbed my wheelchair and begin to lift me out of bed and placed me on the cushion seat.

Annabeth came to me and asked if she could go too. I placed her on my lap and waiting to be wheeled out. Everyone else began to follow.

"I'd like to it just be Annabeth and I at the moment if you'd please." My face was a complete mess. Already tear stained and the words stuck in my head as they replayed over and over even after I was far from my room. I didn't even notice it was Calvin who pushed instead of the nurse.

===========
Hey guys it's been after while but hey, I posted. It's been a rough ride for me with All the stress being piled on and it sucks greatly. I'll try my best to have the next one published quickly so stay tuned.