Chapter 9

"Mom!" Cal screams as he walks in and picks up little 5 year old Annabeth.

"Yes?" I ask cautiously.

"When we're you going to tell me the results?"

"Wha-"

"When we're you going to tell me." He got more angry and tears began slipping down his cheeks. I sigh and wipes his tears away.

"Because you're getting married in a couple days and I don't want to ruin it for you." I started with a straight face. "Cal, it'll be ok. I promise."

"No mom it won't. It's Stage 4, and it can take you away from Annabeth and me in a heartbeat." Tears turned into sobs.

"I start treatment next week darling, I'm strong. I'll be okay." I take Annabeth out of his arms and set her down seeing her run off to play with Trevor and take Calvin into my arms. Well, he's the one holding me now.

"It'll be alright Cal. Mommy loves you Cal. Don't ever forget that. You may be 23 years old and getting married in a couple days but, I'm still here for you. Don't grieve for what is to come, let's celebrate being here now." The raindrops get bigger and bigger leaving my pink long sleeve soaked. After awhile, Cal pulled away amd looked at me with those big brown eyes.

"I love you mom."

"I know Cal."

A few days after is the wedding day. Calvin is so nervous you could see the sweat beading from his forhead. I sigh and lean my head on Trevor's shoulder and feel his kiss on my forehead. Then the moment came. He wasn't my baby anymore. Calvin said the words I do and became a husband to this lovely woman; her name is Mireya Cliff. Well now it'll be Carter. The ceremony was beautiful and well the reception had everyone in tears when Mireya wa gliding gracefully around the ballroom with her Father. We were all sighing in adoration when I felt a pat on my shoulder.

There he was, hand out and bowing to me.

"Mom, may I have this dance?"

"Why yes, you may Cal." The wrinkles in my face show as I stand and take his hand. Calvin grew up so well, I hope Danny is pleased with what he's seeing too. Danny. I haven't mentioned him in awhile. I would never forget Danny, never I love him far too much to forget. It's just, I look at Cal and see Danny everyday. They look so much alike.

I feel as if I were a feather dancing around led by my son, my creation, the result that Danny did exist. Danny was here.

I didn't even realize I had tears coming down slowly. I looked up and smiled at Cal as the song ended. No matter what happens, I'll always be here for him. I might not be alive much longer but I'll pull through, so will he.

But for now, let's enjoy where we are, the present.