Chapter 10

"Alright, Leah I'm going to take your vital signs so please sit up." The nurse asked. It took alot of will but I managed to sit up on my own.

A year after the wedding, I was admitted into the hospital. My body just got weaker and weaker, Trevor is still at work. When he found out, all he does is work. I'm angry because Annabeth basically lives with Carrey because I'm stuck here. Everyday those two come by here and keep me company. Telling about their day and that idiotic people in the world, it truly made my day. Calvin has been busier especially with his wife, so I understand. It's lonely yes but understandable, you don't want to bother newlyweds and I would be in the way right now.

"Mommy, when are you coming home?" Annabeth asked.

"I don't know sweetie, soon hopefully." Annabeth climbed onto the hospital bed and snuggled up into my arms. I brushed my fingers through her blond locks and softly sang.

"Leah." Carrey said. "Daddy...why hasn't he shown?"

"Carrey, you know that answer better than I do. When something happens.. he just. Shuts down. It usually happens when something goes wrong, your father. He just doesn't know how to cope with it."

"Well, he needs to get his crap together. Because....what if you aren't here...then dad is going to...."

"Carrey, things happen for a reason. No one can stop it. When the time comes, Trevor will hopefully come to his senses and do what he needs to do." I sigh and rock a now asleep Annabeth.

"I trust, you will look after her if there's no choice left...I know you have work and all but in the end, if your father doesn't break out of his..mentality, I leave Annabeth to you." Carrey looks down and nods.

"I'm not dead yet so tell Cal not to get too carried away and come see this sick lady before I walk over to his house."

Carrey laughed."God you will give him a heart attack."

"I'm that's what gets me to see my own son, then hell yeah."

I know my time is coming quicker than I thought. You can't do anything about it though. That's fate. It's life. The never ending cycle of death and birth.