Chapter 6

Calvin is 1 year and 3 months old. It's been a year since Danny died as well. Danny, I hope you are watching us from heaven and proud with what I've accomplished for you, for me, for Calvin. For our little family. Trevor and Carrey are always here with me. It's nice, knowing having a friend who isn't feeling bad for you 24/7. Mom went to join Danny 6 months ago. She had a heart attack.

"LEAH, HURRY OVER AND GET THE CAMERA READY."

I rush over to the living room and see it. Calvin in taking his first steps. I get down on my knees and call to him.

"Calvin, sweetie come to mommy." I cooed. Cal looked at me and began that adorable gurgle and attempted to walk over to me. He fell after 3 steps but got back up. I scooted a little closer in time to catch him as he fell again.

Flashback

"You know Leah, you're gonna get fat if you keep eating."

"I'm pregnant, I have the right to eat." I shove some more pizza in my mouth.

Danny looked at me and started laughing. Them he didn't the unthinkable. He came up to me and took my pizza.

"Danny my love. Are you asking to die and early death?"

I bite his hand hard causing Danny to whimper and let go of the slice which I took back.

"Honey, common sense. Never touch a pregnant woman food."

Flashback over

It's midnight and I'm here rocking Calvin back to sleep. My Calvin. Danny's Calvin. Our Calvin. He looks just like his father. I continue to rock my baby back and forth and hum.

"You know baby, I'm sure daddy is proud that you took your first steps today. How about we go and visit him tomorrow? I'm sure daddy would like that." I kiss his forehead.

"You are my sunshine,my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey. Please know that I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away. " I gently put him in his crib and kissed him goodnight.