Chapter 7

Calvin^^^^^^

Well it's been 16 years since Calvin came into this world and well let me tell you, this boy is a handful. Hanging upside down on trees, eating all the food in the fridge and playing pranks on his momma. I want to pull my hair out everyday but what can I do? He's my baby. Honestly, I've made mistakes. Bad mistakes.

Flashback

"WHY THE HELL IS THERE MUD IN MY SHOE?"

Calvin was 10 at the time.

"I was looking for a place to put my pet worm...."

"But really? In my shoe?"

"But mommy...at least your feet won't hurt when you step down."

"I swear Danny!" I stopped right then and there. Tears immediately were pouring out my eyes and I sat down on the couch and cried.

I felt two small hands touch my leg and I looked up. Calvin was there with a teary eyed face.

"I'm sorry mommy. I didn't mean to make you cry mommy I'm sorry." I cried even harder and pulled Calvin into my arms.

"No, no baby. Mommy is the one who is sorry. Mommy was just remembering daddy. I'm sorry I called you by daddy's name, you are just so much like your daddy Cal." I felt my angel shake as he cried. I cried along with him, we lied in the comfort of each other and cried.

Flashback over

"Mom! I'm home." Calvin comes through the front door and makes a beeline for the kitchen where in making his birthday cake. I stopped what I was doing and smiled when Cal reached for a hug. He's a complete mommas boy. Even if Danny was here or not.

"Mom, you didn't have to-"

"Of course I do, my baby is 16 and that only happens once." I quickly grab the candles and lit them.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Calvin. Happy birthday to you." I sang out loud. Calvin blushed in embarrassment and blew out the candles.

"Thanks mom." Calvin came and hugged me once more. I hugged him tightly. It felt it was only yesterday when he began to talk. Talking in that silly baby babble thinking he was a having an actual conversation and pretending he was buzz lightyear. I may not have my soul mate but I have Calvin. Our result of the love we shared.

"Hey room for one more?" Trevor came through the door along with a adult Carrey and we group hugged.

After years of Trevor asking, I finally decided to go out with him. We've been dating for 2 years now, he knows that he could never replace Danny. It doesn't bother him though, or from what it seems. Trevor has acted as Calvin dad for Danny and I as a mother for Carrey.

"Leah? What movie do you want to watch?" Trevor asked coming into the living room with some popcorn.

"I feel like watching Aliens v Predator." He nods and puts in the movie. I must of passed out during the time because all I could feel was someone lifting me and taking me into the room and softly placing me onto the bed.

I wake up. It's 3 am and I hear a creak from the door. I look up and see Calvin standing there, I expected to see that little 5 year old boy that came running into my room whenever he had a nightmare. But he looked worried.

"Mom. Are you okay? I heard you crying." Calvin had that concerned look in his eyes. Yep totally a mommas boy.

"I'm okay hun, just a dream. Wanna come lay here too?" Calvin laughed.

"Mom, I'm 16 now." He closes the door and hops into my bed.

"Yeah yeah, because you are a man now." I snorted. Cal and I layed there talking about everything. I'm so glad to have a son like him. He's everything I could ever have wanted. Thank you Danny. My love. I heard the faint snores of my child, so I kissed his forehead. "I love you Calvin." Then let sleep take me over.