Chapter Seven

June 5th

Summer Day 6

Elliot and Kaylin's Mom left early this morning. I wish we could have said goodbye, but I know it's just until Summer's over, or at least June. 

We've not talked to Austin and the others since yesterday, so they're unaware of what's happened. Right now it's 8 a.m and my mom and brother will be here any minute. Nat, Austin, and everyone else will be here around 10. 

As soon as a car pulls into the driveway I jump up. It's my mom and brother. Kaylin opens the door to let them in and my brother instantly runs over to me. He throws his arms around me. He doesn't cry. He just hugs me. "I've missed you." He mumbles and I nod. "I missed you too bud." I mumble and he pulls away and hugs Kaylin.  

"I'm sorry about Elliot." He tells us and I shrug. My mom hugs me and Kaylin and sits down in the chair I was previously in. "Thank you again Marian." She says looking up at Kaylin's mom. She shrugs. "You're family. You're always welcome with us." 

"Lexie wanted you to hang out with her today, Karson." Mrs. Evans says to my brother. They're kind of friends and it's really annoying. "Really?" He asks and she nods. "If it's okay with your mom, then her parents said you can go hang out with them. They're going to Dollywood again." 

He looks over at me and then to our mom. "Can I?" He asks and Mom nods. "Go ahead. I'm assuming the girls are hanging out with those kids they met, right?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah. We are." I tell her and she nods. "Then yeah, you can go." He smiles. 

"They'll be here to pick you up in about an hour." Marian says and he nods. "When are your friends coming to get you?" Karson asks me. I shrug. "At like 10 I think." Kaylin shakes her head. "Nat said he wanted to meet your brother, so they're coming sooner." She says and I smile a little. "What all did you tell them?" 

"Just that your mom and brother were here." I nod and pull out my phone. My dad texted me.

Father :P - Poppy, i'm so sorry about everything. I hope you can understand that your mother and I weren't doing to well. It's not my fault. I can't help who I fall in love with. I just fell in love with another woman. I'm so sorry. I know there's not a way I can make it up to you and Karson, but I hope some day in the future you can forgive me.

I ignore it and check the group chat with Nat and everyone. No one's really said anything. 

"How'd you find out?" I must of zoned out because my mom and Kaylin's mom were talking about my dad. 

"I had my suspicions at first, you know. The ones I told you about. But then, he came home yesterday and just said it. I just wish my suspicions were wrong." Mom whispers and Kaylin's mom hugs her. "It'll be okay." 

After a few minutes of them changing the subject and talking about George Clooney, someone knocks on the door.

"I'll get it." Karson says and runs to answer the door before Kaylin and I can get up.

"OH MY GOSH IT'S A MUNCHKIN." Nat yells. Oh gosh. Karson laughs a little. "Oh come on. I'm not that short." He groans. 

My mom gives me a strange look and I shrug. "He's like the male version of Kaylin." I whisper and horror runs across her face. "I know, that was my first reaction too." Kaylin's mom says and Kaylin sticks her tongue out. 

Nat walks in followed by everyone else. "Poppy you're brother's adorable. Can I adopt him?" Cara grins, pinching his cheeks. 

"I'm 13. Not adorable." Karson pouts and Kaylin laughs. "Nat's right. You are a munchkin. You're like 2 feet tall."