Chapter Forty Two

October 27

Yesterday's events replay in my mind. Austin texted me he thinks he loved me. No. He can't. Even if he does then I'm not going to love him back. 

I've not even told Chandler yet and I feel terrible. I've not replied to Austin's text either but still. I always hoped to avoid this in my life but then I met famous people.

I sit on my bed and continue staring at the text. I've read it a million times at least yet I still don't know what to do. I feel like I should tell Chandler but I don't want him to start yelling or something.

I've not even told Kaylin. When I tell her she'll flip out and then probably tell Nat and Nat would go off on Austin then Grace would tell Chandler then everything would turn upside down.

I don't want that to happen.

My phone dings. I stare at my phone before hesitantly checking it. Of course. 

From Australiaaaa:

i realize i may have came on a little strong i'm really sorry. i get it, you're with Chandler and i'm with Grace but i don't love her. please poppy just let me know how you feel too.

I let out a frustrated groan and lay my phone down on my Dan and Phil comforter. I'm so tempted to tell him that I don't like him in that way, or love him at least, but I can't bring myself to it. Why can't I?

I need to tell someone.  I pick my phone up off the bed and search through my contacts. Who's someone I can trust and won't be too upset whenever I tell them? 

My best bet would be Karson. Except he's at Grayson's. Great. May as well tell Chandler then. I'm making such a big deal out of this all I have to do is tell Chandler. I'd hate to keep something like this from him. All Austin sent was words on a screen with no meaning. It shouldn't matter, except it does. 

I pull myself off the bed and slip on my Keds. I walk into the upstairs hallway and walk into Elliot's room. He's sitting on his bed probably watching YouTube. 

"Hey, I'm gonna go hang out with Chandler." I tell him and he doesn't look up from his screen. "Alright. Call if you need anything." He says and I start walking downstairs to go to Chandler's.

Thankfully Chandler's is only a couple houses down so I can walk to it. When I'm at the door, I knock on it and Chandler answers with a smile. "Poppy, hey." 

"Hey, uh can we talk?" 

Chandler frowns. "Are you breaking up with me?" 

"No, uh-" I start but I'm cut off by a car door slamming shut behind me. I turn my head slightly and see Parker, one of his friends, walking up the porch. 

"Yo Chan, you ready?" He asks looking over at me. "Yeah, is it alright if Poppy comes too?" Chandler asks. Parker nods. "Yeah, I'm sure we can make room. Syd, Brad, and Jake are gonna meet us there." 

Chandler nods. "Right, Poppy, we're going to the movies to see Ouija 2, do you wanna come?" 

"Uh sure." 

I follow them out to the car and get in the back seat. Some relief floods over me as I get in next to Sam. I don't know why I'm so nervous but Chandler's friends aren't really my type of people. 

The girl in the front seat smiles at me. "You must be Poppy. I'm Kenzie." 

I smile at her. Of course I know who she is. We literally have 4th and 5th period together. I have a feeling the don't know much about Chandler and I's relationship.