Chapter Thirty

October 12

"Poppy wake up." Karson jumps on my bed waking me up from a dream I can't seem to remember.

I let out a groan. "Karson. Let me sleep." I turn over and muffle my face into a pillow. "No. We're going to the pool, come on. Get ready." I roll back over and raise up, knocking Karson in the floor on accident. "You have ten minutes." He says and leaves our room. 

Last nights events replay in my head. I don't realize it but I'm smiling a little. No Poppy stop. You can't like Chandler in that way. 

After what happened last night, he left without saying a word so I'm nervous for today. If we're going to the pool, I'm kind of obligated to speak to him or everyone will suspect something. Oh gosh. If Kaylin found out, I don't know how she'd react. I mean, she likes Chandler and all but she told me that I didn't need to be romantically involved with him and everything because she was worried about me getting hurt and everything. But then again I think it has something to do with her shipping Austin and I together. 

I push myself out of bed and grab my swimsuit out of my closet. 10 minutes to get ready. Pfft.

I lock the bedroom door. May as well get dressed in here. 

I peel my clothes off and slip my swimsuit on. I throw my dirty clothes in the hamper and pull on a swimsuit coverup thing and throw my hair into a ponytail. 

When I walk out of the room I see everyone's ready to go. They were waiting for me. Oops.

I feel Chandler staring at me but I try my best to avoid his gaze. 

"Alright, is everyone ready to go?" Dad asks. 

Everyone walks out the door and Elliot walks beside me. 

"Are you okay? You seem a little nervous." 

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. It's just mom, she's going to the hospital today and I can't be there." I tell him. That's not a full lie. I am upset about that. But I wasn't going to tell him the Chandler thing.

At the pool, Katherine and Gina (Chandler's Mom) set up their things on some lawn chairs. They don't want to get in the pool so they're just going to sunbathe. Dad and William disappeared to go to the gym or something I don't know, nor did I care really.

I sat on the edge of the pool while Karson went up one of the giant slides with Grayson.  

I cringe at the memory of the slide accident at Dollywood that one time. 

I feel a presence next to me. I turn my head a little and see Elliot. Thankfully it isn't Chandler.

"Do you want to video call Kaylin?" He asks and I nod. I left my phone in the room so he pulls out his and pulls up Kaylin's phone. "I'm going to try and not drop it in the pool." he smiles.

The phone rings and Kaylin's face pops up with a smile. "Woah, are y'all outside? ARE THERE DOLPHINS?" At the mention of dolphins, Nat runs in with a towel on his head. "I heard dolphins, where?" He asks and then looks at the camera. "POPPY SEED!" He jumps over the couch and next to Kaylin, slinging the towel off his head and getting Kaylin soaked with his wet hair. 

"I feel like I'm turning into a baked potato." I grumble, reaching into the pool and splashing water on my face, carefully avoiding Elliot's phone. 

"Anyways, how's Mom?" I ask. 

"They just took her away. She wanted me to tell you she loved you and Karson and everything." I nod. 

I told Karson last night when we got home. I didn't think it was fair waiting until Mom was already gone to tell him.