Broken Inside

Summer. My least favorite season. It would be my favorite, but my parents died last summer. Their death sent me into a depression. I don't know how they died though, because my bitch for an aunt won't tell me. That's my goal for the summer. I, Courtney Reagan Schwartz, will find out how my parents died. What I can say about summer that is good, is graduation is near. My birthday is on the same day, too! I nearly have enough money to buy the apartment I want also. I live in Bullhead City, Arizona. The apartments are cheap.

You would think since I live in such a sunny place I would be at least somewhat tan. I am super pale, but I got that trait from my mother. I also have her blond hair, bony fingers, small nose and perfect body. I have my fathers piercing green eyes and award winning smile, but I don't flaunt my perfections. Only my flaws. I don't wear designer clothing even though I could if I wanted to. I'd rather shop at Hot Topic or even Wal-Mart. I wear band tees, converse, skinny jeans and rubber bracelets with pride. My gauged ears and pierced lip top my image off.

My boyfriend, Aaron Rodgers, is all pierced up. He has both of his eyebrows pierced twice, snake bites, a double pierced tongue and gauged ears. His blond hair almost covers his eyebrows though. Right now this boy is blowing up my phone. I love him and all but he can get so annoying. He thinks I'm with some other guy right now. Jealous much?

I did kind of say that I was but you know I really didn't think he would take me seriously. I was just messing with him. My phone is ringing and I'm contemplating on whether I should answer or not. I pick up my phone and see who it is. The screen read Aaron. Great.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" I heard him ask angrily.

"I'm-"

"I'm not in the mood for excuses!" He cut me off.

"I haven't-"

"Where are you?" He repeated in the same angry tone.

"Aaron! I'm at home alone!" I exclaimed finally getting a full sentence in.

He growled," I'll be there in a minute." A minute? He lives fifteen minutes away. Might as well get dressed, I thought to myself. I walked to my closet and put on my favorite skinny jeans and my favorite Plain White T's shirt.

I heard a car door slam and looked out of my window. I saw Aaron walking up the cement path to my big white house. Knock knock knock! He pounded on the door as if he were a cop.

"Coming!" I screamed as I walked down the stairs. I heard the door swing open and said, "Well, come on in." He gave me the dirtiest look ever. His eyes were puffy and he looked as if he had been crying for hours. But he also looked drunk, so I couldn't tell. I looked at his face to see if I could tell what he was going to do next.

"Where is the bastard?" I looked at him quizzically.

"Aaron the is NOBODY here." He shook his head.

"Don't lie to me. I'm checking the house." I moved out of the way and he looked as if he were going to hit me. I shut my eyes tight and heard him chuckle. "Are you scared of me?" I shook my head. The smirk left his face. "I should," was the last thing he said before walking up the stairs to my room.

I followed him and he tore my room apart. I watched as he ripped all of the clothes out of my closet and dragged the mattress and the box spring off of my frame. "Stop! Stop it right now, Aaron!" He walked over to my and slapped me in the face. I teared up at the impact. He grabbed my hair and dragged me into the bathroom. He tore that apart too. I was actually scared at that moment.

He plugged in my curling iron and dangled it over my face and was laughing. I brought my leg up and kicked him in his groin, causing him to wince in pain and fall to the ground. The curling iron fell a few inches away from my face. I felt the heat radiating off of the metal. I stood and ran down the stairs. Luckily my aunt just pulled into the drive way. She was with her boyfriend.

"Tan-" my shriek was covered by a hand. Aaron stood behind me covering my mouth. He spun me around and slapped me. Tanya must have heard the impact because she looked over at me and urged her boyfriend over to the scene. I was pushed to the ground by Aaron and almost was tripped over by Rick. Rick connected a right hook with Aaron's jaw. 

I saw Tanya holding a brown wallet and she started sobbing. I ripped the wallet out of her hand and looked at the picture she was staring at. It was a middle aged woman that was holding a child in her arms. The woman was very pretty and she had a middle school heart around her head. I felt terrible. Tanya loved this man.

I dropped the wallet and pulled out my phone and dialed 9-1-1. I gave the information needed and almost instantly I heard sirens. I watched the fight, as did about the whole neighborhood, except for the people trying to pry Rick off of Aaron. The sirens getting louder and louder. My mind went back to the night my parents died. I shuttered, remembering the night. The two cops that showed up  began to tell me what happened but Tanya pulled them to the side and they did no talking only Tanya.

I was pulled from my saddening thoughts when a portly man in blue came to me. I looked around and saw that Aaron and rick were both in a squad car. "Miss? Miss? What happened?" 

"Uh.. I... uh... Don't take Rick. He saved me from getting killed. My boyfriend came over drunk and he kept saying that someone was here with my so he tore my whole room apart. Then he tried to burn me with my curling iron. I kicked him in his groin and I got away. Then he hit me..." I pointed to my face. 

"Alright. You need stitches." Then he said, "Let Rick out! The one without the piercings." I got in my aunts car and she follwed and I drove to the hospital. Then I remembered that I have school tommorw! Dammit!